Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Mordheim beatdown.

College had a marked improvement today, in that I spent the morning before lesson and break time reading volume 1 of the Hellsing manga. The artwork is incredible, and both Alucard and Father Andersen look god damn cool. Seras Victoria looks nifty too, and some of the shots were she's blowing away zombies are ridiculously good. Other than that college went reasonably well. I didn't fall asleep, so I felt vaguely drowsy in english language till there was a question and answer session. I got another sociology mock exam question back too, and the mark was 17 out of 20. Yet again for no revision that's almost an unfair mark, so it looks like I'll go for a educational policy question should it appear. I hope it does. I also managed a few more games of Magic the Gathering and didn't lose. One long, long game became a draw, and the other I narrowly won after almost an hour of play. Good thing I had a free period with which to play through.

After college it was Games Workshop time. The Mordheim campaign continued, with me getting 2 games. Both were a solid win. In the first I lost a ghoul and had to buy it back, in the second I took no casualties. The first game involved me going on a rampage, taking out 5 of the 10 Sigmarite Sisters against me, with 2 permanent deaths. Insert cackle here. My Vampire caused 5 wounds against one unfortunate, yet he only had 3 attacks. It was 3 hits, 3 wounds of which 2 were critical and doubled to 4, and 4 'dead' results with a 'kocked down' as the last. That made me laugh one hell of a lot. Ironically though it was one of the 3 taken out who survived. How odd. I ended up buying a lot of equipment for my heroes and a few extra henchmen after those games, and I already have a game scheduled for next week against someone who's done the opposite of me. The guy's had a lot of permanent deaths, which is a pity. I also got to see my girlfriend, and it was really nice hanging out with her whilst I went up against others in the campaign.

The anime seems to be piling up too. Since I downloaded a new series to simply fill the space I had, I have all 12 episodes of Lamune to watch, as well as the Ergo Proxy, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Himawari and High School Girls updates. I'll be watching those 4 updates tonight lest I fall behind. I'll most likely watch the majority of Lamune tomorrow after work as I'm vaguely tired now. After some exploration of the stuff on my hard drive I also found the Millenium Actress movie. I still haven't seen that, damn. I really should get round to it. If all else fails, I have thursday to watch anime as I finish college then don't have to work or go anywhere else. Thursday and friday tend to be my 'catch-up' days. Since updates beckon I'll be off for now. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home