Monday, June 19, 2006

Braindeath, the second coming.

What an oddly pleasant day, considering I had a law exam. I got up early, 7 am, which in itself was almost a shock to my system. I got to college reasonably early, and proceeded to do 4 sets of revision, interspersed with chatting to friends to retain my sanity. Though I skimped a bit on duress, I got through everything else which wasn't bad at all. Meeting up with friends again was pretty nice after weeks of work and, increasingly, revision. I didn't yield to temptation and play cards though, I actually went ahead and revised, which served me well. In the law exam itself section a had a question on duress and neccessity and another on consent. As I couldn't remwember most of the duress cases yet could remember all of consent, I chose consent and the question went well. I'd also revised rather well the two areas of offences against the person (assault, abh, gbh, wounding with intent) and offences against property (theft, robbery, burglary, making off without payment and criminal damage). Well fancy that. The two questions in section B were about those two respectively. Oh, choices choices. In the end I went for the latter, which meant that the 2 required questions I chose went very smoothly indeed. That's a large weight off my mind now, just another law exam and psychology exam to go, not forgetting the two english language exams for which I got the 2 source packs today. Oh ho ho, the fun never ends.

I didn't watch anime tonight as I simply didn't feel like it. I currently only have the Kiba, Disgaea and xxxHOLiC updates to watch anyway, with the High School Girls update to get, and Gakuen Heaven for my girlfriend. I've still not watched the episode of gakuen Heaven I have got for her, as I don't really count them as for me. I probably will eventually, or something. Instead I tried two free online games. Both are Orientally themed. Xiah, and Silkroad Online. I started with Xiah, which has passable graphics and a system that works, but it's not that big or exciting. Even so I got to level 5 and figured I'd keep playing it later. Then I tried Silkroad Online. My first thought was "Woah. This looks as good as Guild War: Factions." Indeed it does, with all the graphical settings on max. I got to level 5 there also, and almost completely forgot abut Xiah. In Silkroad Online the combat is better and smoother, the baddies look cooler, the weapons seem more meaty and yet realistically practical, and the armour looks like it could actually be used as armour, rather than a load of silk. By the time of this post I've got to level 4, not too bad overall. Hopefully I'll make it near 10 so I can get better items. Levels 8 to 13 seem to have a great variety of handy weapons that cause huge amounts of damage. Interesting. At any rate tomorrow I'll spend the day revising psychology and law before Games Workshop, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home