Saturday, June 17, 2006

Modular gaming.

Well work wasn't exactly exciting, but at least it went by fast enough. The whole day was packed with customers. I barely dropped before at least 3 people in the queue for my till, and nearly every till was open (I think around 26 or 27 were available...) which just shows how insanely busy it all was. I did my best to keep a good outlook of the day, and by spending vast amouts of time humming songs I like to myself, under my breath, I believe I kept my sanity. At least, what's left of it at any rate. During my second break I went and bought Dawn of War: Winter Assault from Gamestation in Blockbuster near ASDA. It was practically an impulse buy, in that I don't -need- it, but I wanted to try yet more mods, most notably the Closer to Codex, Steel Legion (final version) Tau beta and Necron mods, as well as night fighting. After work I went round my girlfriend's place and generally hung out and relaxed. It was obviously a hell of a lot better than work, and we both went around on Neopets. Demirri got a little stronger, tougher, and overall better, as he got another ability from a won bottled earth faerie. Magic pebbles. Kinda useless, but meh, it still helps in a way. Demirri's beaten the Chia Clown over 20 times so far now, but I forsee it'll get harder soon. After all the Clown gains a hitpoint after each loss, so he gets tougher to kill. The git.

Once I did get home I prompty went onto law revision and read through the various cases again. I know know pretty much all the theft, robbery and burglary cases off by heart, a few of the common assault and battery, abh, gbh and wounding with intent cases, and one or two defence cases. I still need to know a fair amount more, but I reckon I can manage with added revision tomorrow before and after work, and then on the day itself in the several hours I have before the exam. More than doable. After I got through that I then installed and played Dawn of War: Winter Assault. The mods were fun, but I got kicked around in every fight except the one I played in the necron mod. Necrons rock. The AI in Winter Assault seems to be heavily improved, as I was getting thrashed on the 'easy' setting. As such I'll mosty likely go back to the normal Dawn of War game to play the campaign when my exams are over, then move onto the Winter Assault campaign. I reckon after those two I'll be better at playing. Guild wars: Factions sits forlornly on my desktop, untouched for ages. One of these days I really should spare some time to complete it and probably join a good Guild... Yet again no real time for anime, and as such I have a backlog of 5 episodes - the updates for Zegapain, Fate Stay Night, Ouran High School Host Club, Magical Pokan and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. All of them are good, which annoys me as I simply can't get round to watching them right now. bah. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home