Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Revisionistic.

Today was great, then bleh, then great again. "How odd!" I hear you cry (for narrative impact y'see, I doubt you said anything at all) but that's how it really was. This morning I got woken at 9.30 am-ish by my dad who pointed out that he'd put a rather large box next to my bed. Scrambling up, I opened the box. I looked inside the box. Glory looked right back at me. Taking out the screen I was firstly impressed by how big it's surface area looked. I didn't quite expect it to have such an impact. After setting it all up, I turned my PC on, changed resolution to 1280 x 1024, and it was.... nice. Very nice indeed. To 'test' it, I fired up Dawn of War. Oh dear sweet Jeebus, after setting everything to high definition and detail, which my videocard can thankfully laugh at, it looked beautiful. High-res glory on a large screen is just fantastic. Seriously, it's god damn funky-cool. My day then crashed, as after a few games I had to go to work. That obviously wasn't an improvement at all, and was quite frankly tedious. The time did however pass reasonably well, so I tolerated it as best I could. It doesn't help that I've been roped in to do overtime tomorrow from 5 pm till 10 pm. Urgh. I have to keep thinking about the money I gain from it otherwise I'll go insane.

Thankfully when I got back from work not only did I have the screen to cheer me up, but anime to watch on it. Watching good anime on a large pretty screen is a nice thing to do. Unfortunately I only had the Bleach hour long special and the Strawberry Panic and 1 of 3 Disgaea updates to watch. Naturally I'm getting the other 2 Disgaea episodes. Bleach wasn't too bad, and the World Cup comment at the beginning made me laugh a bit. It had the 'Apology' zanpakouto in it, which was pretty good considering it's one of the abilities I consider best. oubling the weight of anything it hits or cuts? That's got to be handy in a sword fight. Strawberry Panic showed just how much Etoile-sama and Nagisa are beginning to like eachother. It's quite sweet and cute, and makes me want to watch more. Admittedly I'm not watching purely for the romance, but considering the type of audience it's aimed at I doubt it'll hae anything overly risque, even at the end, heh. As for Disgaea, well Laharl tried to explore more stuff and the enslaved prinnies tried a revolution and failed miserably. Poor guys.... I also picked up another Dawn of war mod, that for a full Dreadnought army, as well as a few new skins. I'll try them out in a bit to see if they work, after I update the forum. As such, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home