Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Not dawn, but more war.

Well today went very well indeed. My girlfriend came round in the morning, we played a shedload of Pokemon Colusseum (as she seems to like the game quite a lot) then both of us and my dad and step mum all went out for a meal as a treat. That was pretty cool, and being with my girlfriend naturally made me a lot happier in general. After spending the day with my girlfriend we both went to Games Workshop where I actually had a game lined up. It was Mordheim, and the final shwodown verses the other Chris I'm friends with. He'll not be around for several weeks and as such will miss the end of the campaign, so we decided to have a final between ourselves as we'd developed a fair rivalry between his tiny human warband and my horde of undead. The game started out fairly enough, in a way. The game lasted 4 turns. Out of his 5 men, my Vampire killed 4. 1 a turn, exactly. The 5th guy was dragged down by Dire Wolves. I only lost a Zombie, Warhound and my Necromancer during the fight. The Necromancer and Zombie got full recovery, and the Warhound died. Not too shabby. His best character, armed to the teeth with anti-undead wargear also perished, which made me laugh a hell of a lot. Cruel, but satisfying. In the end I fired a Zombie to buy another Ghoul and Dire Wolf. My warband is harsh indeed. I also bought the Liber Chaotica large paperback book for my girlfriend, as she remarked she'd buy it if she had the chance. She seemed to be pleasantly surprised when I gave it to her, which was definitely a good thing.

Once I got back home I got round to watching anime. There wasn't much to watch, only the updates for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Air Gear and High School Girls again. Melancholy reminded me of why anime can be awesome at times. It just just hellishly cool with the space battle. Air Gear was similarly good though along a humour line, and High School Girls was surprisingly fan service-less, and actually went into the background detail of the characters. That was good, and enjoyable to watch, even if I never remember their names. After the anime I went exploring for Dawn of War mods. There were, needless to say, many. A whole load of them. I got several banner and badge packs and a few new races, notably the Steel Legion, Death Guard, Daemonhunters, Tau and Harlequins. I'm currently downloading official patches in order to test out these new races, and then possibly play online. With emails from Aria.co.uk confirming that I'll get my 19" TFT screen tomorrow morning, which is before work, I'm naturally looking forward to playing the game with a ridiculously large resolution. Oh, it shall be very sweet indeed. With any luck there'll be more anime updates tomorrow too, though I'll have to spend practically all of thursday and friday revising, as I have my first A2 exam on monday... doesn't time fly eh... Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home