Friday, June 16, 2006

Braindeath.

rgh. Today wasn't overly pleasant. I spent the whole of last night playing Dawn of war, so this morning had a rest till early afternoon. After that I got stuck into law revision, and I went through everything for ther first exam - theft, robbery, burglary, mistake, insanity, automatism, duress (both types), necessity, consent, assault and battery, abh, gbh and wounding with intent. Needless to say, after all that I was vaguely braindead. I tried to alleviate the problem by playing a bit of Dawn of War and chatting to friends on MSN, but alas, it was not to be. After all, once I'd finished that I had to go through skeleton notes yet again to try and learn a few more cases. I still don't know them all, and I can only hope I know enough. Hell, tomorrow before work I'll be going through my notes, and again when I get back from my girlfriend's place, with the same happening tomorrow, and yet again more note revision on monday before the exam itself. If I don't know enough cases by then, damn. It's incredibly tedious, but I have to get the grades to get into University. What annoys me most however is that from the age of 11 in this country students are tested every year, formally or not, and are told, each year, that it's the most important year of their life and the rest of their life depends on how well they do. Not only is that constant pressure to succeed wearing, but if they -do- pass the adult generation say bloody aggravating statements such as 'They're making exams easier to pass these days.' which debases all the effort the students put in. Bastards.

In my restricted free time not spent revising, I went onto Neopets a bit more, and had several fights against the Chia Clown in 1-player Battledome, and comfortably won them all. With a new ability Heal granted to my pet Demirri after buying a bottled water faerie, fights are easier. Not only that but the repeated stat training definitely helps. I also managed to find severl 2-dubloon coins for a cheap price in the shops, so yet again, convenient. It's certainly a good outlet for stress aside from Dawn of War. After my law exam, if I get any chance whatsoever before my second law exam and the psychology exam on the wednesday, I'll probably kick a few more Chia Clowns in, and waste several fighters in the 'beat 'em up' games I own. I may try Rengoku again and blast away several levels of androids.... Unfortunately due to time restrictions I didn't really get to watch any anime today. On the plus side there's only one update to watch, the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Hopefully, and I really hope I get the time, I'll be able to watch it tomorrow. If I don't get it watch this weekend I won't till after wednesday, since on tuesday I have to revise statutory interpretation and several more cases for law, and the whole of the psychology course. Erm... fun. Here ends my slightly dispirited ranting. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home