Friday, June 23, 2006

A little richer.

Today was full of revision. Right. I spent maybe an hour at most going through the two english language exam source packs, making an index as to what sources were where, and what was in them. That's more than enough for me, as I see no point in annotating every page and putting notes like 'good for radio' when I'll not be choosing a radio question. Plus in the psychology exam I wrote over 2000 words in an hour and 45 minutes. The english language exam needs 1000 words, plus a 200 word commentary, in 2 hours. I'll have time to select information then... The rest of my day went on various aspect of my life, but mostly Silkroad Online once more. New games always seem to eat up a huge amount of time before I suddenly stop playing them, as with Guild Wars, Guild Wars: Factions, Monster Hunter Freedom, and possibly Dawn of War and Command & Conquer. I'll most likely start playing all my games during summer, just before University. I stopped playing Guild Wars: Factions mostly because no one seemed to want an Assassin to do missions, which makes things a bit hard... Anyway, I did some more grinding in Silkroad (killing shedloads of monsters in an MMORPG for those who don't know the term) and managed to get up to level 21 eventually, with Hrilmari my wolf on level 20. Not too bad really.

I did however make another purchase for the game, even though the game itself is free. rather ironic, don't you think? Since eBay sells everything bar organs and souls, and even then only as they manage to remove the listings fast enough, I decided to buy some ingame gold for Silkroad. This was for 2 main reasons - a) it was quite cheap, and b) my wolf died twice more. Now with pet revives at 50,000 gold each, this is slightly 'irritating'. I'm fully aware that many people view buying gold for an online game as something stupid, unfair or just plain lazy, but hey, I like my wolf to be alive. Coughing up 50K for a revive just to have the wolf die again when another NPC thief attacks the poor thing, instead of the merchant caravan it's supposed to attack, seems bloody stupid and wasteful to me. So hey, I spend a small amount of money and get enough gold to keep me afloat in the game for quite literally months. By the time that's gone, I'll have lots of gold that I make normally, so it's like a kick-start for my economical status. Handy really, especially as I nabbed some good armour too. Less character death is always a good thing. Tomorrow I have work then go round my girlfriend's place, so I most likely won't get to play much Silkroad Online. No doubt I'll catch up on monday after my exam, and tuesday inbetween revision.

I didn't feel like watching anime today, as I just had the Air Gear and Utawarerumono updates, and I'd rather wait till I have enough to watch in one sitting to make it worthwhile. I prefer at least 6 episodes at once after all. As that describes everything in my oh-so packed day, I'll be off. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home