Thursday, June 22, 2006

The price of life.

Today was pretty nifty indeed. I didn't get that much sleep to be honest, as I went to bed at around 5 or 6 am, and got up at midday. However I fell asleep the moment I hit the pillows, so a good 6 hours of sleep is almost normal. Firstly I decided to play more Silkroad Online, so off I went and helped Hrilmari, my wolf pet, level some more whilst I completed a few quests. A few hours later I realised I'd still not watched my anime, and so I went to check. I had a few seperate updates to watch. They were - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Ergo Proxy, Bleach, Naruto, Kiba, Disgaea, xxxHOLiC, Strawberry Panic, School Rumble, Soul Link, Juuousei, High School Girls, Zegapain, Tsubasa Chronicles and Aria the Natural. 15 different series to catch on. It made for a varied anime session, that's for sure. In harsh summary then, Melancholy had good singing, and Haruhi herself looked rather nice in her bunny attire, Ergo Proxy had the death of Real's poor cybernetic partner, Bleach had an interesting Bound fight, Naruto had an odd magnetic ninja, yet it featured Hinata so the episode was better than just 'filler', Kiba had the guy gaining a spirit and sword he could use, and from the hints, use well. Deep breath here. Disgaea had references to Laharl's mother and why he hates love, xxxHOLiC had a rather appealing Vestal spirit, Strawberry Panic almost crossed the line from shoujo-ai to yuri, School Rumble had yet more comedy and you should watch it, Soul Link had valient tactics and sacrifices, Juuousei had a large surprise about 'The Third' and the nature of the planet Chimaera. Another deep breath. High School Girls had a funny misunderstanding about death, Zegapain had yet more metaphysical battling, Tsubasa Chronicles had strange glowing statues (I did say I'd be brief), and finally Aria the Natural failed to work out why the main novice from Aria company gets on so well with people. There, summaries done.

I promptly went back to Silkroad Online, and continued to grind through hundreds, and I really do mean hundreds, of tigers. I had to collect 60 black tiger teeth and 100 white tiger skins. The drop rate, on average, seemed to be a quest item with every 5 kills. So based on that, 160 quest items would need 800 or so kills. I gained so little exp from them, yet still managed to reach level 20. Unfortunately Hrilmari didn't manage to catch up, and remains on level 18. his is in part due to her two death due to being mobbed by around 4 tigers. It's a bit harsh when suddenly 3 more spawn around you yet go for the pet. As such I've had to spend 100,000 gold on the two revives. Very expensive indeed. I've also spent over 40,000 gold on herbs and healing items due to the sheer stupid amount of tigers killed. The interesting thing is that the 100 white tiger skins quest can be repeated, which I guess I'll be doing, and also another quest had reached me, that of getting 100 Chakji eyes. No doubt it'll take ages to get those too. On the plusside at least Hrilmari's level is slowly going up, even if I need to run away from Thieves, other players with the Thief job class, trying to kill her for fun. The gits. It's still a couple of hours till the double exp item works again (as it only works for 3 hours of timed combat in a day) but I'll probably hang around anyway. Yes, I did go through that many tigers -without- it on. If it had been on, I'd probably be close to level 21 or even 22 by now, and hrilmari would be at least at 20.... le sigh. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home