Thursday, June 29, 2006

Odd hours.

Well my sleeping hours seem to have radically shifted yet again, mostly due to the fact I no longer have to go to college, and also because the next 3 hours of double xp in SilkRoad Online is given at 2 am. I didn't go to bed till 7 am this morning, and got up again at midday. I then went to Brighton and managed to buy volume 10 of Bleach and the NewType USA magazine for next month. Now I just need to wait for them to get volumes 12 and 13 in, since I already have the 11th volume of Bleach. I also spotted another Mon-Sieur Bome model, and it was named something like 'Magical Septem Carrera' or a variation of that. I instantly knew I had to buy it. The model is phenomenal, it has an insane amount of detail and simply looks great. From the Mon-Sieur Bome collections I now have the bunny girl waitress, cat girl maid and magical girl. I'm slowly but surely collecting all the strong stereotypes, heh. There were a few new interesting series shown in NewType USA, so I'll have to check them out later as a few of the series I'm following have ended. I'm now only getting updates for 31 series, with another 4 apparantly on hold as the groups have put them on indefinite hiatus. When I got back from Brighton I played SilkRoad Online for a short while before going back to sleep at 4 pm. I then proceeded to get up yet again at 10 pm. As I said in the title, odd hours indeed.

I also managed to watch a batch of updates. Soul Link, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Naruto, Juuousei, Ouran High School Host Club, Strawberry Panic and Tsubasa Chronicle. The Soul Link and Juuousei series have ended now, with several more getting very near. In Soul Link so much happened in the last half of the episode I couldn't help but think the whole ending had been horribly rushed. It wasn't too bad for a low budget anime based off a game, and at least it was something to watch. Juuousei had created some big expectations, and the ending didn't quite deliver. Instead it annoyed me greatly, as so much was left undone and unanswered, and one of the most important characters apparantly died. There was a death scene, and the character was then carried by another, yet 'death' wasn't pointed out or anything. For all I know it could have simply been a loss of consciousness. I seriously hope there's a second series eventually. In Melancholy it finally depicted what the esper guy could do, and Kyon took the knowledge pretty well. Even with the odd episode order by then he'd seen enough weird stuff to deal with just about anything. All in all, a very cool episode. Naruto had yet another mini filler mission finished, and I didn't watch the preview. I'd rather not know till the filler hits me... Ouran was quite entertaining, and seeing a group of girls declaring 'Moe', which is usually used to refer to very cute girls, was amusingly odd. In Strawberry Panic there was yet more risque drama, and the series seems to be getting darker overall, so it's good stuff. As someone constantly repeated in the Nyanko IRC channel, 'BUBBLES!' A memorable scene indeed. Lastly Tsubasa Chronicle had the end of the little world arc, and a lot more information from Yuuko and the man watching the travelling group. Finally the whole series is divulging information, and it's only taken a series and a quarter to get to it.

After the anime I went back to SilkRoad Online, and after eventually managing to connect I unloaded hardcore beatdowns to shedloads, massive shedloads, of Ghost Soldiers and their friends. I managed to complete the 'Get 200 flags' quest, and then complete the NEXT 'get 200 flags from the slightly different guys' quest. In doing so I managed to get to level 27 for both my character and white wolf, with level 20 for my grey wolf. He'll eventually catch up. The next quests happen to be 'collect 20 gunpowder bombs' from one harsh type of creatue, and 'kill 500 Earth Ghosts' which will take a fair amount of healing potions.... Ah well, it should get me a level or two hopefully. So then, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home