Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Stop and start problems.

Hmm, I'm quite limited as to what I can say really. Last night I stayed up till 7 am playing SilkRoad Online, and got both my character and wolf to level 24. Since my wolf is the same level, yet gets exp faster, she now has to wait at 99.99% for a while before my character reaches the next level, it's vaguely ironic. Several levels ago she seemed so far behind it was ridiculous. Now that the wolf is the same level, it's better than just an aesthetically pleasing NPC, it actually does far more damage a hit than my character usually does. Thankfully by hitting level 24 I was not only able to get a piece of the next armour set, but also upgrade weapon, which drastically increased the damage I could do. Unfortunately I now need to get to the 30's before the next good weapons become available. Here's hoping I find a few intermediate level weapons dropping from monster corpses.... After that session I went to bed, intending to wake up at midday and thereby revise till Games Workshop at 4.30 pm, but instead woke at 4 pm. Ah. That.... wasn't that convenient. On the plus side however I was well rested. One thing that worried me greatly however was my computer. After starting it up once more it got to the 'Verifying DMI Pool Data.......' section then suddenly stated 'NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart'. So I did so, yet the same thing happened over and over again. I was shut out.

Quite troubled by this, I went to Games Workshop and played a large 3,000 points game with one of my mates. 6,000 points trying to fit on a single 4' by 4' board was difficult for my friend to say the least, as he had an armoured company, which basically just had bulky tanks. My whole army on the other hand was infantry which could infiltrate, so I didn't have any problems with space. Through sheer luck I won the roll for first turn, and I think that won me the game. By the second turn I was rampaging through his army as his battery of guns hadn't done enough damage. Tank after tank was swiftly taken out with massed infantry firepower or the handy use of grenades. It was beautiful to see, and in the end I won by 2,200 points, when 1,600 was needed to get the maximum victory condition. In other words, total massacre. I also exlained my computer problem to my friend there and my girlfriend. My girlfriend just laughed at me, as she uses Linux and not Windows, but one friend works in a computer store and agreed to look into it for me. However when I got home I rang yet another mate who usually could help to sort out problems, and during the course of the call I decided to see if the Boot Startup could do anything. It looked odd, so I changed which drive windows was to boot from. Almost immediately it worked, and my computer was back up and running. Somehow, against all expectation, Windows was recognising the main hard drive, then trying to boot from the empty one.... Stupid, but at least I sorted it out eventually. After that it was a case of revision for tomorrow, which I'll repeat several times before the exam whilst at college, updating the forum, and then here.

Anime-wise I only have The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Soul Link and Ouran High School Host Club to watch, so I'm not too far behind. Since it's my last exam tomorrow no doubt I'll have lots of free time in the immediate future, so it's all good. Considering I slept for most of the day I still managed to write more than a normal blog entry. How odd. At any rate, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home