Monday, July 10, 2006

Almost there.

Ah, an active and vaguely early day today. I went to bed at 5.15 am this morning, and ended up getting up at about 9.45 am as I had to go down to Haywards Heath to sign out of college. That went smoothly enough, though for the last two teachers I had to hang around for a bit, since it was coincidentally a year 10 prospectus day, so loads of the little blighters were being shown around. During that time I simply saw a few extra friends, happily chatted with them, then made a few last goodbyes. Some I'll probably not see again for a long, long while. After I signed out I decided to make a few key purchases back in Eastbourne. On the way back home my dad and I stopped off at a computer store and I bought a laptop case, for obvious reasons, and a wireless mouse for convenience. The case wasn't too expensive yet is still quite good, so bonus there. Unfortunately when I got home I found out that the shoulder strap, which was supposed to be stored inside, wasn't actually there. This means that tomorrow morning I'll have to quickly pop into the shop again to claim it. Hopefully the laptop won't arrive when I do that, as there'll be no one home to sign for the parcel, which is naturally a bad thing. Ah well eh? In my spare time I also managed to -almost- get to level 34 in SilkRoad Online, and I actually used up all 5 and a half hours of double experience combat time with over an hour to go till the deadline hit. Classy stuff.

One chunk of the day was concerned with what I'd intended to get round to for a few days - anime. I got through a fair few episodes, namely - 2 episodes of Air gear, 3 of Happy Seven, and the updates for Naruto, Utawarerumono, Ouran High School Host Club, High School Girls, Honey & Clover II, Zero no Tsukaima, Blood+, Kagihime, Zegapain and Kamisama Kazoku. 15 isn't too bad really. Air Gear was simply cool as Crow (I find his nickname easier to remember) had the first team battle and won, following the manga really well. Happy Seven is a new series I've picked up and wasn't too bad, what with the 7 gods of luck and weird monsters. No doubt it'll grow on me. Naruto was pure filler and almost made me despair. Utawarerumono on the other hand was quite dramatic and a pleasure to watch. Poor Hakuro must be confused about his past now. Ouran High chool Host Club revealed that the Host Club's 'King' (yeah, bad with names again) is actually the son of the school's superintendant. I guess Haruhi didn't expect to know that. High School Girls was an interesting episode, and had an incredibly funny, and similarly cruel, twist at the end. That poor girl and her expectations... Honey & Clover II was a peaceful, is slightly anguished, episode. All in all not bad. Another new series I've picked up is Zero no Tsukaima, and the female magic user is truly useless. Her spells backfire, and when summoning a familiar manages to get a 'commoner', i.e. boy. I dare say he's going to class as an 'unlucky bastard' in coming episodes. Blood+ seriously changed Saya's personality and character from scared and slightly unsure to cold, calculating, and rather violent. How odd. Kagihime was a slightly odd episode that dealt with repression and substitution, two defence mechanisms to avoid trauma. Strange indeed. In Zegapain Chris' partner finally expired in a rather impressivly flash dissipation of data, which probably will make Kyo think even more about how fake he really is. Lastly, Kamisama Kazoku reminded me, yet again, of Eureka Seven. Quite a thought-filled episode, for the female angel at least...

That brings it all to a close (at long last). Tomorrow I have a fair bit to do, so I'm off to go and actually get some sleep. Zomg indeed. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home