Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Wasted time.

Hmm, today wasn't too bad. Not bad at all in fact. I got up vaguely 'early' at a small amount past midday, and proceeded to try to keep cool and slightly fail. As it was I retreated to a cold shower, then basically just went on my computer for a few hours, checking anime to download and chatting to friends and also my girlfriend. After that I went to Games Workshop a few hours early to basically just hang around, though I also went and bought a fair amount of blank DVD's to try and stave off the problem of constantly running out of them at annoying times. I ended up with 21, and I'd bought 16 and a mate who works in a computer shop just gave me 5, which was not only kind, but damn handy. I then proceeded to play absolutely no games at all, as my girlfriend arrived and I much preferred to stay with her and hug her than play Warhammer 40,000. It was a pretty easy choice too. Other than that I didn't do much, though I spent a long time sorting through miniature catalogues for parts to make a conversion that my girlfriend is highly interested in. Basically it's a newer slimmer version of my Chaos Lord from Warhammer, the Death Jester Mimi'Kra. In the end we ended up with lots of parts that kinda worked, but weren't really right. The main problem was what to use for the legs, but I'm sure it'll all work out eventually.

Near the end of the evening, when my girlfriend had left, I started painting one of my mate's dwarves, since I had nothing else to do. I'm better at painting than him, and I just wanted to see what it'd be like painiting a model in his colour scheme. Though I didn't have much time I still managed to get all bar the flesh, and possibly the last level of highlighting on the hair and wood, done. It looked pretty good, and I was especially proud of the cape. When I did get home I had to get on SilkRoad Online sharpish, as I still had 3 hours of double exp time from yesterday, and only 3 hours and a few minutes left till 2 am. However I started falling behind a lot, and by the time I was 20 minutes behind, with only 40 minutes to go till the deadline, I still had an hour left. So I decided to sacrifice that hour. It only cost, approximately, 6.6 pennies, and that's ridiculously cheap. Not only that, but I didn't feel like ripping apart my soul to cram in that many hours into the game when it's not really essential, and when I'd still not eaten dinner, posted here, updated the forum and so on. That means that yes, this post has been rolled back a few hours. Whoops. At any rate once the 2 am deadline hits I'll be back up to 6 hours, so no doubt I'll go back on to at least use up an hour or two to make it easier to get back up to date. Anime-wise there haven't been many updates, so there's no worries there. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home