Friday, July 07, 2006

The penultimate day.

Well today is the day before my birthday, so naturally I went out to celebrate, in the form of a date with my girlfriend. We went to Brighton and almost straight away went to the cinema and saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2. jeebus, that movie freaking rocked. I thought the original was great, and this one was, to put it simply, far better. There were more funny moments, naturally as there was more of Captain Jack Sparrow, more dramatic fights, and of course davy Jones and his crew who looked hellishly awesome. Both my girlfriend and I enjoyed it, and we're already looking forward to the third film as it's apparantly already finished filming. Looks like they didn't want to wait thanks to the cliffhanger the second film ends on. It was a good cliffhanger, that's for sure. I won't ruin it, but I will say this - go see the film. NOW. After that we walked around the lanes, and did a bit of shopping. It was simply fantastic just being with her, and it was a great way to spend the afternoon. We then came back to my place as she hadn't seen Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail, the only Python film she's not seen. She seemed to enjoy that quite a bit, and the day was finished up with a session of Pokemon Colusseum as she hadn't played for a while. She's doing rather well at it.

After I'd taken her home in the late evening I went to do my usual rounds of updating the forum, which took a while, checking on anime to get, and playing more SilkRoad Online. I now have around 12 anime episodes to watch when I get around to it, and that's after I watched 2 yesterday before bed. Hmm, by monday I may have around 20 or something. That'll at least make for a nice animarathon. I also, when my girlfriend was watching Monty Python, bought a laptop. It was cheaper than the one I originally aimed for, and a lot better. here's the link - http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5672WLMi_Cam_LX.AA705.332/version-1.asp which shows how good it is for me. Considering I'll only be playing a few games on t, and will mostly use it for work and anime, it's perfect. Not too shabby really. On SilkRoad Online I managed to get a quarter of the way to level 33, with my wolf a third of the way there, but had to sacrifice another hour as I didn't have enough time to use it all before the deadline. Oh well, meh. I'll probably end up wasting a few more hours over the weekend, but it's no big deal anymore, I've done pretty well level-wise and have built up several handy skills. With luck I'll hit level 40 within the next 12 days though. I highly doubt it, but it'd be nice to get a level 40 'bigger' wolf before the double exp ticket runs out. At any rate tomorrow's my birthday, and no doubt after work I'll enjoy myself as I've been promised cake, heh. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home