Sunday, July 30, 2006

A few to watch.

My girlfriend felt quite ill today, so I spent most of the morning with her whilst she rested and got better. I didn't mind at all since my constitution is hardy enough to withstand most illness, and I enjoy simply being with her. As such it was a very serene morning for the most part. When she did feel better during the late afternoon it was back to normal, with some work, visits to Neopets and so forth. I messed around in Photoshop for a while, obtaining new brushes from a few places to create a vaguely gothic and moody wallpaper for my laptop since it's hard to come by good widescreen ones. In the end it was themed in red and black with lots of grune-ish textures adorning it, a scratchy dark blood pattern in the background, and a picture of a dissected man viewed from behind, with all the muscles showing. The man was based on a brush set detailing Leonardo da Vinci's work I believe. At any rate I quite like the look of the whole thing. Since I had spare time I made another with a few dissection sketches from his work, combined with a dark background and lots of script from rather old letters. It ended up being quite gothic too, and looked quite similar to my new forum signature without the person's face or colour. Later on we both watched Top Gear, which was apparantly the last episode of the series. From what I can tell there's only been three episodes, which makes no sense. I guess I'll see if it's continuing next week.

When I got home I naturally had a lot of anime to catch up on, so went straight to watching it. I got through an episode of Air Gear, Binbou Shimai Monogatari, two episodes of Kamisama Kazoku and five of Good Witch of the West. Nine episodes, so slightly above my recent daily average of about seven. Air Gear was nifty. I've been rereading the manga since the art is fantastic, and it was nice to see the end of Ikki's fight with Rika to allow him to continue with Air Gear. As for Binbou Shimai Monogatari there were even more cherry blossoms and yet more sisterly bonding. Admittedly it would have been more heartwarming if I'd watched it at normal speed, rather than four times faster (I'm a fast reader, it comes in handy sometimes). Kamisama Kazoku had a baby appear and grow ridiculously fast, ageing to become a middle schooler in about two days. I highly doubt it's a normal girl. Good Witch of the West was quite good too, as it had more of Firiel and Roux, and Firiel found a baby unicorn which rapidly bonded to her, and seems to dislike Roux, even though it was named after him. How entertainingly odd. I still have an episode of kamisama Kazoku to get, as well as Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Inukami and Ah! My Goddess second season. Oh, and thinking back, Black Lagoon rocked. The ending didn't seem like an ending at all, it just felt like another episode was due to come. After checking aniDB I saw that the second series is already in the works. That probably explains it.

Well then, tomorrow I need to be up early-ish since I'm off to Hastings with my girlfriend and a mate to see another, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home