Monday, July 31, 2006

Hastings ahoy.

Today of course I went with a friend and my girlfriend to Hastings to meet up with yet another mate who lives there. The two friends are great people, so it was fun walking around Hastings as a group, window shopping for manga, and in my girlfriend's case, clothing and sweets. We went to several select stores, one of which was a goth clothing store, but unfortunately we couldn't find any clothes in my girlfriend's size, since she's quite petite. That was unfortunate since some of the clothing looked really nice, but alas, it wasn't to be. After wandering around for a bit we went back to my mate's house, and spent a while just hanging around and chatting. We read some manga and browsed anime a tiny, bit, then I went head to head with my mate playing Magic the Gathering. He's still starting and had a Core Set deck, but improved a lot between the first and second games against me. I leant my deck to the friend who'd come with us from Eastbourne, and he proceeded to do rather well as he learnt the rules, which was pretty nifty. After that we played a few games of Thud, a Discworld-based game. Ye gods, it seems impossible to win with dwarves. Once we got through that my girlfriend asked me to write a romance scene for two of her characters, and though it wasn't really my writing genre (at all) she kept saying please and meowed at me. I simply can't resist such a tactic. In the end I managed to write two sides, and it's not finished yet. She read it and went 'Awww!' a lot and hugged me several times, so she obviously liked it.

Once we'd all had dinner we went up to my mate's room and started playing on his Gamecube. First it was Super Smash Bros. Melee, then Super Monkey Ball. I completely dominated at SSBM, winning constantly when I played. I wasn't the normal 'rush in and attack like a madman' player of the game, instead I waited and killed anyone who came near me. It's a tyactic that works surprisingly well, if you can avoid getting hit into the air endlessly. In Super Monkey Ball it was slightly closer, but at the punching game against the mate who lives in Hastings and two computers I managed a victory, with five wins compared to the nearest computer who had three. Quite fun indeed, heh. After that the time was getting late, so we decided to make our way home, and caught the train back. I'll see my girlfriend and the mate who came with us tomorrow, and I may possibly see my girlfriend tomorrow morning before Games Workshop depending on how tired she is tomorrow. When I got home I immediately went to update the Soul Society forum, and afterwards checked what anime updates were around and webcomics. Surprisingly there was only the Honey & Clover II update to get, so I just have that, Ah! My Goddess second season, Ouran High School Host Club, Higurashi no naku Koro ni and Inukami to watch. That's only 5, I'll probably manage that tomorrow after Games Workshop. At any rate that's all the time for now, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home