Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Back to work.

I got up thios morning, since I felt like actually doing something with my day aside from just work in the afternoon, evening and part of the night. As it was I managed to get half of the way through Battle Royale since I dedicated some time to actually reading it whilst listening to yet more OC-Remixes. I'm still only on F for those.... At any rate the book was going well, and it was nice linking it to the manga and seeing where the two stories differed. Surprisingly, they don't differ by much. The manga's quite a faithful adaptation, it just added a bit more in certain places that weren't developed as much in the book. The music was pretty good too. Admittedly it didn't fit that well at times, but meh. Nothing's perfect eh? I'd also ordered a few figures from Heresy Miniatures, since the guy sculps some cool stuff. They arrived today, and I was treated to a halfling witch hunter (Sherbert Von Halfling), an evil dwarf lord reminiscent of a famous bad guy (Lord Va'Durr) and a model of Sherlock Holmes scupted by another guy who has stuff distributed there too. Seriously cool stuff. It'll probably be a while till I get them painted, if ever, but the Sherlock Holmes model is simply too cool for me not to paint. With luck I'll get some time next week to do him some modelling and painting justice. It's a bit of a pity there isn't a Watson or Moriarty model from the same person.

Work was so-so. It was nice seeing familiar faces, some of them customers, but the work itself was just as I remember it - 'bleh'. Just 'bleh'. Nothing else seems to adequately reflect the state work can put me in. It's like a form of apathetic carelessness. Thankfully when I got home I was able to watch anime. Kiba, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Strawberry Panic, Bleach, Love get Chu, Inukami!, Ah! My Goddess second season and Honey & Clover II. Eight isn't a bad amount considering I'm relying purely on updates for the time being. In brief then, since I need to update the Soul Society forum - Kiba was cool, and had 'the land of the enemy' turn up. Interesting shard beasts there. Higurashi was a bit weird but not overly freaky. Strawberry Panic reached new heights of potential yuri, during a heartfelt rendition of the past no less. Bleach was kinda pants, as two Vice-Captains who've not shown their powers before got their arses kicked before they could do so this time. Love Get Chu had an interesting maid cafe. Inukami has the poor perverted guy win all the fights he had when unconscious, yet when he finally came to he got beated by a daemonically posessed plushie rabbit. Well damn. Ah! My Goddess had Skuld learning to ride a bike, which was a story I liked in the manga. Not only does she make a new friend wo she quite possibly cares for, but Urd pwns her in a contest of skill. As for Honey & Clover II, Hagu seems to be a bit lost, and Morito (I think that's his name) doesn't seem to want to talk to her, even though he loves her. How odd. That's the updates summarised rather heavily, so till next time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owo your anime obssion amazes me.

12:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home