Thursday, August 03, 2006

Huggled.

I really enjoyed today. Sure, some parts were really incredibly stressful, but I got to spend the day with my girlfriend, so that made everything much better. I got round her place just after midday, and was able to give her the manga I'd spent ages getting for her. However, disaster struck. The first two volumes were corrupted on the flash drive. Well, that sucked. I quickly got the first from direct download, but the only good source for volume two, the one which gave me hell yesterday, was through IRC. Fair enough, I went onto IRC. It took nearly half an hour to work out how to connect through her proxy server. Oh well, no worries eh? No file sends would be accepted, as any connection failed. Well, damn. I then went onto Skype and luckily a friend who uses IRC was around. They were great and downloaded it for me, and sent it. The only problem was that over Skype, or over MSN, the send speed was only 3 kb/s. It's take over 3 and a half hours. Well that was bad, so we tried IRC. No good. In the end he uploaded it to a gmail account he uses to transfer music between friends, and I managed to get it that way. It took a while, but it was worth it to make my girlfriend happier. She's a good fan of Saiyuki, so it was nice to be able to get her Saiyuki Reload. I also gave her the story I'd written for her, and she liked it a lot. That felt good too.

In the afternoon we watched The House of Flying Daggers since we could, and afterwards went on a walk along the Downs. Since I started going out with her I've got one hell of a lot more walking exercise, which probably explains why I've lost a reasonable amount of weight. As it was we took jackets, and when we got up to the top of the ridge the sun came out and it got warmer. Meh, oh well. After that long walk we read more manga, webcomics and so forth, since that's one of the things we do together. Unfortunately I didn't get round to painting her Daemon Huntress, so when I came home I took it with me, since I can paint it tomorrow instead of just doing nothing. When I did get home I checked for anime updates, and there was only three. PowerPuff Girls Z, School Rumble and Aria the Natural. I count PowerPuff Girls Z as almost a pure time filler now, plus since I've not got anything else to watch really it's not too bad. The four series of Farscape, and both parts of The Peacekeeper Wars, are starting to actually get episodes finished, and by tomorrow I reckon I'll have at least half to two thirds of the first season done. Considering I only have it running when I don't have anime to get that's not too bad. At any rate I'm now off to watch those three episodes, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home