Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Pub Quiz.

Once more I slept in during the morning, since I didn't have much to do. Therefore I'll skip right to when I actually did something. At about 2.15 pm I decided to go down to Games Workshop a lot earlier than usual simply for something to do. I also took six of my PSP games with me, since I don't really play them and felt like trading them in. I met up with a mate who'd also gone to Games Workshop early, and we both headed down to Game. I prompty traded them in and got two new games, Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble and Popolocrois. Not bad considering four of the games I traded in are quite old. After that we wandered around for a bit and got a slice of cake each to eat since we could. I went to WHSmith and he tagged along as I still had to use my £20 gift card there from my birthday last month. After a lot of deliberation, and mutual complaints about a lack of manga, I ended up getting two Bernard Cornwell books I've not read, as well as a games(tm) magazine. It's been a long while since I've read one after all. Later on when we went back to Games Workshop another of our little group had turned up, so we stood around chatting for a while till my girlfriend turned up to complete our usual group.

We all went to the noodle place again for a meal, this time on me, though one of my mates thankfully paid for the drinks since he wanted sake. The meal was nice once again, though my girlfriend didn't like her dish. After trying it, none of the rest of us liked it either. When the lady who ran the place came round she noticed this, and told us we didn't need to pay for it as it wasn't really touched. That was pretty cool indeed. Afterwards, since none of us were in the Inquisitor game and also since my girlfriend forgot to bring her army down, we all went into a local pub to chat since it allowed us all to sit down, and my mates to drink. My girlfriend and I only had coke to drink, but they were bought for us so that was again cool. As it moved on later into the evening there was a pub quiz, so I chipped in the entry money for me and my girlfriend, whilst one of my mates was nice enough to pay the £1 for the friend buying all the drinks, heh. Unfortunately my girlfriend had to leave after a short while which was kinda depressing, but I went with her to see her off from the Games Workshop store. Back to the quiz, I guess we did vaguely alright. one of my mates and then myself had to leave before it finished however. The guy running it collected in our answers just as I left, so it's up to my round-buying friend to tell us all how it turned out.

Once I got home I decided to try out the two new games before coming here. Viewtiful Joe was... odd. I managed to win a stage without knowing what I was doing at all, and when I tried again after working out the controls I came second. How strange. As for Popolocrois, the game menus seem slow, areas take a while to load, and the map actually causes a bit of lag when it opens and closes. How... unpolished. Neither game struck me as overly good, but hopefully they'll grow on me. If they don't, I'll simply return them next tuesday and go for something else. Hopefully there'll be other games I'll like. On the plus side, Bleach 3 should be arriving within a week or so, and that simply rocks. In anime news I have five episodes to watch, though one still needs to be downloaded. Honey & Clover II, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Kiba, Inukami! and Love Get Chu. I go back to work tomorrow, unfortunately, but 'll have time in the morning to watch them. if I can't be bothered, I'll at least watch them after work since my hours are 3 pm till 9 pm. It'll be a bit weird going back to work after three weeks off, but meh. When I got home there was actually a message from my boss asking me to call back since he wants me to start a bit earlier if possible, so I need to ring him tomorrow morning. Urgh. At any rate that's pretty much all I can remember for today, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home