Friday, August 25, 2006

The D&D day.

An early morning was required, as I had to go and buy a whiteboard for the D&D campaign. I did manage to find one at Staples, a stationary warehouse-like store which was quite large indeed. That ate up some of my morning, and the rest was spent in preparation for the campaign start in the afternoon. My girlfriend managed to arrive at 1 pm instead of 1.30 pm, and my mate resheduled to arrive at 1.30 pm instead of 1 pm. Essentially they switched, which was a bit odd, but enjoyable as any extra time with my girlfriend can only be a good thing. After both had arrived we started clarifying the characters. My mate had assumed all the skills shown in the starter package for a fighter were what you started with, instead of the two he should have chosen. That was a bit of a 'whoops' moment for him I believe. Once we'd corrected everything, which took a long, long while, the game finally started. Fior the benefit of the friend who couldn't make it, I'll describe the session in reasonable detail.

The dwarf, kattairian, gnome and supplementory human paladin npc, were situated round a table when my halfling witch hunter npc approached them with a job. He required their services to aide him in obtaining a certain item from some underground catacombs. They all readily agreed after some monetary persuasion, and made their way to the entrance of the complex in the woods. After a few careful checks, and only spotting a broken trap, the party made their way inside. It wasn't long before they found two humanoids crouched in the distance, feeding on what was apparently some previous adventurers. After some initial attacks, and a rather loud couple of declarations by the paladin which actually made the dwarf walk over to slap him, fighting started. The weak ghouls were no match, and so the intrepid explorers gradually made their way through the dungeon, dispatching ghouls along the way. The dwarf got a bit... tetchy as most, i.e. all but one, of the corpses were dwarves, so 'looting' the bodies became 'caring' for them, such as death rites. The other adventurers pressed onwards and eventually made it to the final grand hall with the item in question that the halfling wanted. he quickly nabbed it needless to say. The dwarf, having been left behind, did more searching and found a couple of secret rooms, one of which made him slightly wealthy. All in all, quite convenient for him. Eventually everyone made it out without much mishap, and thereby earnt enough experience for level two, and were requested to continue their hired status. Thus, the campaign well and truly started. To the friend who reads this and couldn't make it - I've left the level two newly gained spells and such up to you, I'll help you select them on tuesday.

After the game the three of us had pizza and watched Galaxy Quest, a slightly old, but funny, film. It was great being able to snuggle up with my girlfriend. The D&D game made my day good, but my girlfriend made my day fantastic. She did however have to leave just before 9.30 pm, though my friend stayed till almost 11 pm. We went through lots of the books I'd gained in the second D&D torrent. The first was 1.7 GB, this second one was 3.8 GB. Lots more in other words. The Dragon magazine compendium was especially good, as they had the Diabolus race and Jester class. God damn I'm going to make a jester character now, heh. Unfortunately as I spent so much time on D&D I don't have much time for anime. I still have 15 episodes of Noein to watch as I didn't get round to watching any yesterday, plus I have Zero no Tsukaima and Tonagura to see also. I'll at the vert least get the two updates watched, but I doubt I'll have time for Noein yet again because of work tomorrow. It's a long working weekend ahead of me, since I'm working on the bank holiday too. Bleh. Ah well, till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home