Monday, August 21, 2006

A spot of painting.

I slept in today once more, as I'd gone to bed at around 5 am. It's almost like a routine now, sit at my computer idely chatting to people and garnering anime, then go to bed when it starts to get light. In the end I got up in the early afternoon, though I actually woke up at 10 am. The pocket watch I'd bought had arrived today and it looked rather nice. The only problem was that it wouldn't wind up properly - the moment I let go, it'd all unwind so it's a bit pointless. As such I contacted the seller and so forth to enquire about a replacement. He or she is bound to have one, since they have multiple auctions of the same item. With that little bother aside once I got up properly I decided to go to Games Workshop for something to do. I ended up checking a jeweller's place, but it was extortionately expensive to get the watch fixed there, so I decided not to. In Games Workshop itself I just hung out with some mates, the staff included, though I did have a funny intro game for the new Warhammer edition, and also partook in a three-way beer dice tournament. If you don't know what beer dice is, I guess Google may reveal the answer. In the intro game itself I won rather quickly, though it was still close. The pony and cart I had to stop before it left the board almost made it, before it was pincushioned by lots of arrows.

Earlier I'd logged onto Windows Live Messenger, hereby referred to in the future as WLM, and saw a mate of mine who I meet at Games Workshop. Last night I'd watched both series of 'Knights of the Dinner Table', flash animations about a roleplaying group. This instilled a HUGE desire to play Dungeons and Dragons, so I'd got out all my D&D books as well as some magazines and the old Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay book to construct a campaign to run. When I saw my mate today I proposed the idea to him and he was in. Not only that, but he was happy to print out some character sheets. Excellent stuff! Now I just need to tell my girlfriend tomorrow, as well as the other mate who actually reads this thing, and hopefully they'll be in too. I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't be to be honest. I've already prepared the backhistory for the character I'll run as the GM to 'guide' and help, who is already called Aziraph von Kalmsturm, the halfling Witch Hunter! God damn he's cool. I have the model from Heresy Miniatures, and spent some time today painting it when I got home. (Aha, the odd chronological structure of this post is finally revealed! Had to tell it this way, otherwise suddenly launching into the whole painting thing would need me to effectively work backwards through my day, which is pointless....) So far the flames on the burning torch, as well as the hat and base, are completely finished. here's even nifty lighting effects from the flames. Oho, he shall look cool.

Not only that, but I also got time to watch ten episodes of anime. All six released episodes of Welcome to the NHK!, Kiba, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show and the final for Yume Tsukai. NHK is, to put it bluntly, quite weird. It's also however incredibly funny. To see such a failure of a guy sink even lower before starting to rise is immensely enjoyable. Seeing the other guy's anime, manga and figure collection was quite impressive too. That guy has a rather large amount. Damn. I know I'm not exactly an 'obsessed' otaku, but I figured I had a fair amount of anime. Compared to this guy, hell no. Kiba was also funny for a different reason, since Zed barely had to bother defending himself against Troia in a tournament. He's a lot better at fighting than her after all. Higurashi was slightly freaky once more, with the little purple-haired girl committing suicide by placing the handle of a kitchen knife against the wall, then repeatedly banging her head against the point of the sharp end. 'Ew'? Coyote Ragtime Show had more of Marciano's evil, which is a good thing when it comes to explosions. The oddest episode was possibly Yume Tsukai however, as it was revealed who the big gribbly nightmare belonged to, which had been obvious for a while, but also why it was created. Kinda.... unusual for such a series. Hmm. At any rate another finished anime brings me down to only 32 active series and five which seem to be stalled. I'll probably have to pick up another one or two to keep the consistency of anime downloads up, heh. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home