Wednesday, August 16, 2006

More work.

This morning wasn't too bad, as I actually got up. The first order of the day was music whilst I read Battle Royale, and I finally got round to finishing it. I prefer the ending in the manga, as well as how the manga expanded on Mitsuko's warped personality, but the book still had a good ending. The most notable difference was that the book ends earlier than the manga, and with a bit more tension. Definitely a good read, and overall it's best to read both the book and manga, and completely ignore the film. Hell, in the film the 'cold and emotionless' Kazuo Kiriyama grinned as he killed people. Not a very good adaptation for his character to the 'big screen' then... After I finished I watched a couple of episodes of Farscape to pass the time in a good way till I had to go to work. It's nice being able to rewatch all of the series, since I missed a few the first time round when they were aired on TV years ago. Oh how I missed Scorpious. He was cool, especially the hallucination version inside John's head as he got closer to the end of the whole Farscape series timeline. Scorpious as Albert Einstein simply rocked. Wormhole knowledge for the win eh? Not to mention Chiana is... 'nice'. Work itself wasn't too bad, since I was put on an express till. Thanks to the self-serve tills right next to it, the evening was pretty quiet for me. Result.

Once I got back it was a question of talking with my dad and step mum about details for tomorrow, since my exam results will be coming out, and I need to keep track of my University application and so forth. We have a plan worked out which basically relies on how my college is going to release the results. Should it be early, I'll be off to Haywards Heath very early indeed. Should it be at midday as per last year, I guess I'll get a bit of rest in the morning. Aside from that though I've not done much aside from come here. I do have some anime to watch, though I'm not sure if I'll get it all watched tonight, as Farscape is pretty cool. I have Bleach, xxxHOLiC, Yume Tsukai, Strawberry Panic and School Rumble 2nd Term to get through. Not too bad really, since I like the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th series quite a bit (sans the Bleach filler.....). I guess after this I'll go update the forum as per normal then get down to some anime or something. Most of my focus does happen to be on tomorrow though, since I'm understandably slightly nervous about my results, plus I'm seeing my best friend in the afternoon. Let's hope the day goes smoothly then. With luck I'll smoothly make it into Sussex University, then I can relax. If not, then bugger, lots of hassle.... le sigh. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home