Saturday, August 19, 2006

Exertion.

Well, work today was certainly hectic. The queues never ended. At first in the morning it was slightly slow for a few hours, and though I was on the express lane I didn't get many customers. However once midday hit, it got insane. It literally didn't stop at all. My breaks were beacons of hope in that time of stress, and luckily I managed to relax enough in them to not simply break down. Luckily I also managed to get some time on the self serve section, and that wasn't quite as busy, just immensely crowded. The training to help customers there was pretty straight forward, and aside from a few odd changes it was very similar to just being on a normal till and doing less work. As such I now like that section, and I'll be bothering my manager for my own self serve sign in number so I can work in that section most of the time. Since it always needs two people, I reckon I should be able to manage that. Unfortunately later on in the day I had to keep going on to, then off of, the express till I was on before to help with the queues. The moment they disappeared and I went to self serve, they were back. Quite literally, twice I signed off with no queue, had a second glance, and had to sign on again. Where the hell do they bloody come from?! Thankfully work did indeed end, and I sorted out my holiday pay problems, i.e. that it wasn't paid, with the Personal manager. Come next month I'll get a chunk o' money. Excellent stuff.

Naturally as it's a weekend I went round my girlfriend's place after work, and it was great fun hanging out there. She was on Neopets for a bit, but it wasn't long before we decided to watch the movie I brought round, Dodgeball, as well as play a game of Lord of the Rings. I took 140 points of goblins, and she took 141 points of wood elves. No heroes, just bog standard troops. I'm used to seeing high elf armies, so going against such a large elf force was a bit worrying. However traditional goblin luck won through, and though she killed a few, I managed to swarm her and took the elves down rather quickly, securing a win. It probably helped that I outnumbered her force two to one. The movie as a background to the game was good too, since both her parents and her enjoyed it a lot. I'd pointed out to her dad previously that it was exactly like American dodgeball shows, and he was actually saying he'd seen some of the things in the film not long ago, since he'd checked it out. Yet again unfortunately I had to leave, but thankfully I'll see my girlfriend tomorrow after work.

Anime-wise (a term I've not used for a while apparently) I got round to watching the new episodes of Ergo Proxy, Witchblade, Zegapain and Zero no Tsukaima. Ergo was back to it's usual non-gameshow form which was good, plus it had lots more of Pino and Real Mayer. Two characters I happen to like, good stuff. As for Witchblade, dang. It demonstrated what happens to a cloneblade, or witchblade user, when it takes too much of a strain on their bodies. Crystalisation, then disintegration. Um... that's quite lethal indeed then. Zegapain had an odd state of affairs with emotions stored in a different place to the body, and Kyo completely lost it when fighting some enem,ies in a field of flowers he couldn't touch. Needless to say, he wants to be real and not just data. Zero no Tsukaima, one of my recent favourite series, was very good. Lolicon maids, and a funny familiar who misinterprets certain things. Gotta love a good comedy, heh. For now I only have the Ah! My Goddess second season update to watch, so I'll probably leave that for another time. For now though it's goodbye. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home