Tuesday, August 15, 2006

New games.

Getting up early was a strange decision to make today, but I did it anyway. I guess at the time I felt like actually doing something. As it was, that something was listening to more music as I went through some of my manga. I also burnt a couple of DVD's, one for a mate and one for my girlfriend as I was going to see them at Games Workshop and so needed to get it done. Aside from that however my morning went relatively peacefully. I helped my dad strip off the polystyrene tiles on the kitches ceiling, since we're going to redecorate the kitchen. After the kitchen's redecorated I think the bathroom will be touched up, but other than that I'm not too sure which room will be next. That helped take up some time, and it wasn't long till I decided to go to Games Workshop much earlier at 2.30 pm for something to do. I took along the Popolocrois and Viewtiful Joe PSP games, since I wasn't overly keen on them, and managed to exchange them at Game for the Tokobot and Super Monkey Ball Adventure PSP games. I've played Super Monkey Ball before and liked it, so that was an easy choice, but I grabbed Tokobot out of curiosity rather than anything else. Ye gods, it's addictive. The beginning tutorial is not only nifty, but damn essential. For a while I refused to go ahead and tried to work out how to get the little robots to do stuff. Took me a while.

I also managed to play a game of Warhammer 40,000. The first game of 40k I've played in a while, so it was pretty good. I was up against my aforementioned mate and he was using Grey Knights. He had 22 models. I had Plague Zombies, and 92 models overall. In the end he had something like 8 men left, and I got wiped out. Zombies are cool an' all, but they tend to die rather easily. On the plus side it was great fun, since all the games I play against him are enjoyable. I don't always enjoy playing some people since they get a bit... odd, but he's cool when he plays, and we joke around a lot so it makes the game a lot more enjoyable. Spending time with my girlfriend was great too, and the three of us went to the same noodle place again, since we now seem to go every tuesday as it does good food. When I did get home I updated the forum, for the most part, and did the rounds for anime. I now have an episode of Blood+, Coyote Ragtime Show, and Kiba to watch. I may get them watched tonight since I have work tomorrow afternoon and evening, which means I'll probably be going to bed at 3 am or something. No doubt I'll spend a fair amount of time playing Tokobot or something... Ah well, time is meant to be used in frivolous ways... Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home