Friday, August 18, 2006

Nifty.

Today I got to sleep in once more. I called my girlfriend at 11 am-ish to check when she'd be round, and since we agreed on 2 pm as she had a hair appointment, I got to simply rest in bed. Pretty nifty. I did however loose track of time slightly, so when she turned up I had to hurriedly get out of bed. Whoops. She hadn't played Pokemon in a while, so that was pretty much the first order of the day. It almost turned out to be the only order too. Over four hours later she was still playing it, so I excused myself to the garden as I felt slightly left out but didn't really want to say anything. After all, she was having fun playing the game. She noticed rather quickly though and came to sit outside with me and actually apologised. That was slightly unexpected. Afterwards she suggested we have pizza and watch a movie, so that's exactly what we did. Kung Pow for preference, but unfortunately halfway through the tape seemed to die a grisly death, so we switched to Dog Soldiers. We didn't get to finish it, but she liked what she saw of it, so we may finish it next time. Parting with her isn't something I enjoy at all, but on the plus side I'll be seeing her tomorrow after work, so no worries there. Once my dad and I dropped her off home, I had to consider this post to write as well as the need to update the forum, but I'm leaving the forum till a bit later.

Ergo Proxy, Air Gear, Naruto, Ouran High School Host Club, and Hanoka were all seen early this morning. Ergo Proxy, though usually a show to make you ponder, got a lot weirder. It was a game show episode. How... strange. Still interesting though, as huge amounts of backstory were described thanks to having questions about them. Air Gear was good too, but my worry was realised - the episode overtook the scanlated manga. This means that unless the scanlators are quite far behind, the manga creator is going to have to tell the anime what's going on, lest it diverse immensely. Naruto was Just a bit strange, but not ridiculously stupid, so it was bearable. Ouran was entertaining as always, since it had haruhi in a school play organised by the Zuka club in the all-girls school. Oho, what hijinks they have. As for Hanoka... well, it wasn't overly bad. The animation was slightly sub-par, as expected from flash, and it was incredibly short, but it didn't seem to be too bad. The intro actually ate a huge amount of the five minute length. For now I just have Zegapain, another episode of Ergo Proxy, and Witchblade to watch. I'm managing to stay relatively up to date with the releases, which isn't bad at all. Since that brings my news to a close, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home