Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Whoops once again....

Hmm. Seems like I forgot to post earlier, and as such have completely gone past the midnight marker. Damn eh? Blogger to the rescue, what with it's time rolling back feature. Anyway, onto the post. Against all expectation I did go to sleep even though I'd not intended to. This morning, feeling a tiny bit groggy, I decided to read the latest issue of White Dwarf, the Games Workshop monthly magazine, in bed at 7 am. However as I'd not yet been to bed, I dozed off and woke up around midday. That sucked slightly, but oh well, at least I wasn't tired. Around 2 pm I decided to go to Games Workshop early again for something to do, and passed the time by painting the Paladin I'd made for the D&D campaign I'm planning to run. Instead of the usual shining silver and white, I used a mix of tarnished silver and gold combined with a green-fading-to-turquoise colour scheme. I simply didn't want to paint it in the usual colours (hence my Halfling Witch Hunter is in dark red rather than browns and blacks). It turned out rather well, though I did keep the shield design quite simplified. He's just a backup character after all. I did meet up with my girlfriend at Games Workshop too in the evening, as well as my two main mates there, and we all went for a meal at the noodle place together as per usual. However my girlfriend soon started feeling tired, and went home early. That made me feel a bit low, but oh well.

After she left my two mates and I decided we may as well go to the pub next door, and so we did. It wasn't long before we had made a few plans for D&D, then busted out the Magic the Gathering cards. One of them had just started and had told me he'd be bringing his cards, so I brought my spares. Since I could actually make a full deck out of the spare cards I had, even if it was a bit random and wholly rubbish, I did so and we started actually playing a few games. With my crap deck of badness I actually seemed to have an even win to loss ratio, and when the guy had left, lending a deck he'd bought of me to the second mate so he could keep playing, I actually won. Looks like such a random deck still has a chance of winning. How odd. When I got home I spent some time continuing to write up D&D characters, since I have to write up a Gnome character and cat-girl character (some strange feline-like race...) for one of my friends and girlfriend respectively. Looks like I'll have to convert both models, but I reckon I can manage it. If need be I'll damn well sculpt them. I didn't get round to watching anime, but I only have Honey & Clover II and Tonagura to watch anyway, so it's no big deal. Instead I spent lots of time looking for D&D stuff on the net, and found a damn good Dungeon Master's screen program with a few fit-in generators. This means in the upcoming game sessions I can use my laptop for everything, with only a few visual aides such as dungeon layout and models for fighting needed. How convenient. The ability to generate a NPC and trasure awards for encounters is very handy indeed.

I also bought a few more models from Heresy Miniatures in a moment of weakness. Curse my money-spending ways! I got 10 more of the display bases since they look good and are very suited to single models, plus I bought another of the Halfling Witch Hunter models. I figure if I give him the bag of gold and paint him green he'll make a great leprechaun, heheheh. A human fighter and human rogue were also on the buying list, as well as a tribe of certain critters... I would say what they are, but I know this blog is read by one of the friends, so it'd completely ruin such a surprise. Cue eveil laughing and whatnot. In the end I spent £26 for twelve models. Roughly £2.17 per model is excellent compared to Games Workshop prices. Huzzah for a smaller company which still produces excellent miniatures. I was almost lured into buying a giant spider to be honest, but just about steered clear of the temptation. Mind you, as I get paid next month my willpower may completely and utterly crumble, depending on how well the campaign is going.... At any rate that's all for now, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home