Thursday, August 17, 2006

Drama! Shock! A day out!

I went to be at 5.50 am this morning. I was supposed to get up at 7 am. Gragh, not a chance. I ended up getting out of bed, blearily, at 8 pm. Less than 2 hours sleep is very rare for me, since I'd usually go for none at all, yet I didn't feel I'd be able to manage it since I've not been getting much sleep at all lately, as I seem to be feeling tired less and less at night now. Anyway, to continue the story of my day, my dad drove me down to college in Haywards Heath and we got there at 9.30 am. It was much to my dismay when I found out the college results were not being handed out till 120.30 am. Since my dad had an appointment for then, and had to drive back to Polegate, I quickly told him and he went home. After hanging around and chatting with friends the results were finally available, and I was the very first to get them, and the first out of the college, ready to go home by train. Lots of friends asked me how I did as I left, and I had to say, quite well indeed.

In sociology, the AS subject that didn't matter, I'd got an A overall, with an A on all three unites. Not bad then, considering I didn't really revise at all for it, nor overly bothered in lessons. For Law, I'd got 2 B's for the moduls, which when added to all my other Laqw results was an A overall. Excellent stuff. English Language was also an A overall, and in the editorial writing module, the one I described a few months back with the King Arthus radio question, I'd scored full marks. I consider this highly cool, since not only were radio scripts my weakest point for the whole course, but also that most people don't do all that well in that module. Fantastic stuff then. For Psychology I'd duffed up slightly, as my three moduls had gotten an A, C and D. Overall therefore, with my AS marks, I only got a B. Still, out of the three subjects that matter, an A, A and B. Considering my law placement at Sussex University only required A, B, B, I reckoned I'd done well indeed. When I got home my step mum and dad were incredibly pleased as overall three A's and a B is darn good. I checked on the UCAS track site, and my placement at Sussex was confirmed. Now I just need to log on during the 19th and fully accept and I've got a solid Uni placement. Excellent stuff.

Afterwards I went into Brighton, since I believed that I'd arranged to meet my best friend there at 3 pm. When she hadn't arrived by 3.30 pm I called her, and realised my mistake. We'd arranged to meet at 5 pm, so I apologised a bit for making her feel bad, since she felt guilty that I had to wait for her, and wandered around to places like Dave's Comics and David's Books. That used the time up quite well. When I did meet up with her we went for a walk along the shore leading to the pier, before heading back to the cinema to see Nacho Libra. Reviews had said that aside from the well-choreographed fights, it wasn't that good. However, we both enjoyed it a lot. Jack Black is just cool, plus his comrade was insanely harsh when he threw the corn on the cob. Seriously, you have to watch the movie just for that bit alone, if nothing else. It was a really fun day overall, and afterwards we decided to go into a club or two. However, I'd forgotten my ID, so instead we found a bench outside and just sat and chatted for a good long while. When the time came to go home we hurriedly went back to the train station only to bump into some friends. We'd bumped into more earlier, so it's quite impressive how many people seem to go to Brighton on a thursday...

At home once more, I had a quick chat with my happy step mum and dad, as they were still happy from the news on my results, before coming to my computer as always. A quick webcomic and anime check later, and I have a few shows to watch. Ergo Proxy (at long last!), Air Gear, Naruto, Ouran High School Host Club, and a new series I'm taking up, Hanoka. It sounds interesting as apparently it's the first anime to be fully done in flash. Odd, but it'll hopefully prove to be different in a good way. I'll most likely watch them after I update the forum, so I'll be off for now. Till next time, and cheers to the mate who emailed me a good luck message for my results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home