Sunday, August 20, 2006

Fatality!

Technical bliss. Work today wasn't anywhere near as busy as it'd previously been. True, there were still a huge amount of customers, but I had a few quick gaps inbetween them, and at one point several minutes. That was very nice. Very nice indeed. Unfortunately however I was on a normal till for the whole day, so the customers I did get generally took a while each to get done, which lends itself to a tedious outlook on work. I didn't exactly feel great in the morning either, since I woke up with a cold. The thing is, I'm always going on about having a strong immune system considering I don't sleep much, and that I rarely, if ever, get ill. The funny thing was, after a few hours the cold was completely gone. By midday the blocked nose, sneezing, sniffling, headache and general 'rotten' feeling was all gone. Now that's quite convenient indeed. I'm also quite looking forward to the first of next month, since I get paid a huge wadge of cash. To celebrate, I spent some of what I have left (bad me, I know) on a Fate Stay Night Saber figure which'll arrive in a week or so. It's the 'evil' version, where she's wearing the gothic clothing. Rather nice if I do say so myself. With luck my pocketwatch will arrive in the mail tomorrow, or at the very least during the coming week. Excellent stuff indeed.

After work I got to see my girlfriend again, and that was excellent. She was wearing a relatively simple long black dress, made from cotton (I think...) and she looked incredible. God damn, I never realised how alluring it could be to see her in a black dress. Damn. I constantly remind myself I'm a very lucky guy... We spent a fair amount of the time watching various shows on TV, though the usual Fullmetal Alchemist and Mezzo DSA featured. Unfortunately the shows were running 15 minutes late, so I had to leave halfway through Mezzo which was a bit vexing, but my girlfriend's dad was kind enough to record it even though I said he didn't have to at all. Pretty cool of him. Sadly I won't see my girlfriend again till tuesday at Games Workshop (I know not seeing er for a single day isn't exactly harsh, but I still miss her) so I'll most likely go to Games Workshop tomorrow and actually get some painting done. Zomg indeed.

I also got through some more anime. Another episode of Ergo Proxy, xxxHOLiC, Ah! My Goddess second season, Hanoka, Demonbane (at last!), Binbou Shimai Monogatari, and Muteki Kanban Musume were all dutifully seen. Ergo Proxy was again cool. The guy who was apparently in an important position went against the system, which was more than interesting to watch. Quite a good way how he went about it too. xxxHOLiC had a rather strange snowball fight. Watanuki should've paid attention to the name of the 'prize', which included 'Pandora' and 'box'. Not a good combination then... Ah! My Goddess had Skuld's little angel appear, even if briefly. Quite cute, and very reminiscent of the movie which I'll have to rewatch some time now. Hanoka was more flash anime strangeness. Demonbane had yet more gothic lolita fighting action. God damn I like that anime's visual style, plus a killer robot falling in love with the main male character, her enemy, is funny stuff. In Monogatari there was an epiphany for the young rich blonde girl. Looks like she made a good emotional breakthrough with her older sister. Last, but not least, Muteki had the secrets of why the bakery and ramen shop get their customers. Customer service and fighting showdowns respectively. Gotta stick with a good lure eh? I've also been recommended the anime 'Welcome to the NHK!' since it's about a guy who's busy failing at life, only to be interrupted a lot whilst doing so. Sounds entertaining, so I have the first episode of six/seven released so far to watch. I'll probably watch them all tomorrow or something. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home