Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Diabolic plans.

A good day indeed today. Though the Heresy Miniatures order didn't arrive I wasn't that worried, as I had a Diabolus sorceror figure to keep me occupied. I got up around midday and by 1.30 pm I was at Games Workshop, much earlier than usual. Since I had time I actually managed to finish painting it too. If I had a decent camera I'd put a picture or two of it here, but alas my webcam is crap. The skin's a fair purple blending to lilac highlight, with orange eyes. Dark green clothing, and the coat itself is a deep dark brown, as is the pack and weapon haft. All in all I'm very pleased with how it looks, and got several complments for it which is always nice. I also managed to chat to a few friends there before veteran's night started, and explained about my D&D campaign. When vet's night did start my usual two friends showed up and we all talked about various things, mostly D&D, whilst we waited for my girlfriend to show up. I managed to persuade the friend who'll run the next campaign into (mostly) allowing me to use a Diabolus. I explained the pro's and con's of such a race, as well as the very prominent fact that not only did it have less bonuses than Gnomes and Dwarves, it also had a level adjustment of +1, which means that it gains less exp than the others in the group. Not generally handy and quite debilitating, but oh well, it looks cool. he did say he wasn't allowing polymorph spells, and if that's the case I'll have to make him into a rogue rather than sorceror, since I only want a sorceror for polymorphing badassness.

Once my girlfriend arrived we all went for noodles before heading off to the pub to start the D&D session. Unfortunaely my girlfriend had to part incredibly soon and didn't even make it to the dungeon before she had to go. Thankfully I'll be seeing her on thursday and she's coming round early, so I get to spend more time with her. With her character effectively acting as an NPC the party went ahead into the dungeon under direction of Aziraph, my halfling 'NPC'. It went rather well too, with no fatalities, and a few closer combats this time that were entertaining, rather than purely 'uh-oh' situations. Goblins were duly dispatched and in turn dispatched, heh. On thursday there should be enough time for an afternoon game, a break with food, and an evening game. That'll most likely complete the current dungeon and get the party right up to the cusp of the main plot itself, unless they decide to branch off. The friend I talked to about the Diabolus, the owner of the dwarf fighter, constantly wanders off from the party. This may get slightly troublesome in the future, but it'll be incredibly more dangerous once the whole main arc gets underway, so it'll be entertaining to see how he fares.

I've not watched any anime yet, though I only have an Ah! My Goddes update, a Higurashi no Naku Koro ni update, the second episode of the Hellsing OVA, and the last four episodes of Noein. I'll probably watch all of that tonight, should Hellsing and Higurashi finish downloading, since I don't have work tomorrow till 3 pm and don't need to leave the house till 2.35 pm. A late night is therefore acceptable and won't matter much. I've not got round to doing much else at home admittedly other than transfer D&D material to my laptop. I have 8.9 GB of it, and a torrent running to get another 2.35 GB of material for it. I have a fair amount then. Once I've gone through most of the stuff I've specifically selected to get I may get a few other aspects of the D20 system, such as Cyberpunk settings and the like. It'd make for an interesting blend. Since that's about everything, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home