Monday, August 28, 2006

Holiday hassle.

Working on a Bank Holiday generally isn't fun. For a start, it prevents sleeping in when sleeping in is due. Second, it's hideously tedious in the morning for an hour or two as everyone else is sleeping in. Thurd, it's aggravating in the afternoon when it's very busy and there aren't any other jobs avilable so working on a till is all that can be done. I did not enjoy work today. The only benefit I can see is that in the paycheck after my next (which is on friday) I'll have slightly more money. Better than nothing I suppose. Though I was only working from 10 am till 4 pm it felt like ages. Ye gods, it wasn't that fun. When there was still two hours to go I badly wanted to go home, but alas, those two hours dragged on, and on, and on... When I did get home I was changed in a flash and off I went to Games Workshop for an hour or so just for something to do. I brought my usual stuff, and when I got there bought some green stuff (a sculpting material) and began the work that needed to be done on my diabolus sorceror model. I'd already done the basic structure, such as torso, head, legs etc at home, but a great deal of the clothing had to be done. As such I chatted with the two staff there, the manager being one of them, whilst I worked on the figure. I managed to get most of it done before I got home, and once the first bit had cured I finished up. Now I just have to add a few minor details when the main work has cured, wait for that subsequent detail to cure, then I can paint the blighter. With luck the order from Heresy Miniatures will arrive tomorrow. I seriously hope so at any rate. If so, I'll have the display bases which I want for my D&D stuff, and a bunch of ghouls, not to mention a few more hero models.

I also got round to watch some anime, as I assumed I would. Inukami, Tsubasa Chronicle, Binbou Shimai Monogatari, Chocotto Sister, the two first episodes of Kemonozume and the latest DVD specials for Utawarerumono and Mai Otome. Inukami had the Shinigami defeated in a slightly unusual way, but Youko looks cool in her wolf-like form. Tsubasa Chronicle had Kuro's past. No wonder he places a great deal of importance in being strong. Monogatari had a strange misunderstanding about Valentine's day. If I was the guy who (briefly) appeared I'd be incredibly confused at first too. Chocotto Sister also had Valentine's day, though the ending was vaguely cruel. Choco hid in a box to surprise her brother, since her brother's friend had explained about 'choco' in a box for a liked guy. All he did was tape up the box and push it into the storage cupboard, as he knew what'd happen if he opened it. Kemonozume has a very strange animation style. It reminds me of one of the Animatrix episodes, the really sketchy one. I'm watching it almost as much for artistic interest as well as the plot now. The DVD special for both Utawarerumono and Mai Otome made me laugh, so that was pretty nifty. Now I just have 11 episodes of Noein to watch and I'm entirely up to date once more. I'll most likely manage most of them tonight as I have no pressing reason to get up early tomorrow unless my girlfriend calls. As such I'll be off to watch yet more anime. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home