Monday, August 14, 2006

Yet another MMO.

Early this morning, i.e. about 2 to 3 am or so, I was chatting with friends on Skype. The question of MMO's came up, which prompted me to search for more free ones. One which caught my eye was Tantra Online, a Philippine game. Well I'm half Philippine, though I don't look it, so it caught my interest a little more. After reading up on the site I found it wasn't really free, as you eventually had to buy more game time, but it's ridiculously cheap, something like £2.06 for 30 days of play. Not bad really. Since it looked interesting I downloaded it and installed it, though I didn't get round to actually playing it till late afternoon. I slept in for most of the day, but when I did get round to it the game was rather fun. I set up a character in the 'Xtreme' server, which gives a rate of 2000% exp and only 3% taken away for a death. Needless to say it means you level quickly. I've only played it for a couple of hours, but I'm already level 32. That's pretty nifty. The weapons and armour look quite good too, and overall the graphics aren't bad when everything's set to max. Not only that, but it's not gone wrong at all yet. Admittedly I've died a ridiculous amount of times, but one kill later and I have far more exp anyway, heh. I'll probably play it till the free trial ends, then leave it for a while. For only "2.06, I'll most likely buy some game time far into the future, when I have nothing to do for a month or so. Most likely over the Christmas period then.

I also watched the anime that'd piled up. Happy Seven, Ouran High School Host Club, Binbou Shimai Monogatari, the two episodes of Blood+, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Honey & Clover II and Muteki Kanban Musume. Happy Seven was kinda odd, with the young guy being pressured to seduce an older woman to exorcise the daemon posessing her. It didn't get far, because understandably he was a bit freaked out, but it just seemed like a really bad hentai plot... Ouran was good, as you got to see the past of the shota character and his harsh family background. Monogatari had yet more impoverished lifestyles, though the owner was seen to at least be kinder. In Blood+ there was much drama, with Diva trying to get Kai on her side. Good thing he's loyal to Saya then. Shoin's sliding off the rails in the latest Higurashi plotline. She's already started her killing spree for revenge, so I'm assuming she'll eventually die due to some predictable attack. In Honey & Clover II it was mostly focused on character's pasts, but most dramatically it ended with showing blond hair across the floor, and shards of glass with blood on them. Only Hagu has blond hair, so it's implied she's either had an accident, or caved in due to the pressure... Lastly with Muteki Kanban Musume there was more fighting challenges and a noticable lack of delivering the actual meals. How strange. That about rounds everything up, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home