Monday, September 25, 2006

Aha! Early.

Now that post's out of the way, time for this one. This morning my connection still wasn't working, so unfortunately I still was unable to check for updates. Rather harshly, the miniatures I'd ordered from America arrived about five minutes before I had to leave so I didn't get much chance to look at them. A steampunk sorceror, necromancer and 'Mad Hatter' (doctor?) from Wyrd Miniatures as well as the Assassin and Undead Lady from Freebooter Miniatures, the girl Dot from Spyglass and the female Jester who I have no clue where from are all incredibly nifty. That's why I bought them after all. The Undead Lady and Female Jester are -almost- at the awesomeness level of the Forge World Death Korps of Krieg models. Heh, yeah, I really do like the Death Korps models. It's stupidly tempting to do an army of them, though as it is I'll be combining the 20 of them I have with 20 renegade Militia and 25-ish Vostroyans and making a Traitor Guard army using a Lost and the Damned list. A giant daemonic Commissar I hear? Why yes, yes indeed. I'll probably use the Be'lakor model as the base and sculpt the armour clothing, suitably torn of course. Now! To avoid getting side-tracked more, University was vaguely boring.

The introductory talk was a bit... boring. I almost fell asleep actually. Collecting my various student cards wasn't too bad, though they didn't have my main student card as the photo I'd sent had arrived. Thankfully it only took 30 seconds to take the picture and print the card so that wasn't too bad. Since I had a big gap in the middle of the day I went to Brighton and naturally visited Dave's Comics and David's Books. Aside from two manga volumes for my girlfriend I bought nothing. At University however I spotted two William Gibson books and bought them on sight. I own Neuromancer and admire his work. Not much else happened, though I managed to effectively wipe out my 50 pence printing credit as I printed out the timetable for my first month and a few other sheets. At 5 pence per sheet it was ridiculous. Meh. From now on I'll simply use my printer as it's much cheaper. The quiz I stayed for was damn boring, and the people I'd been put into a team with weren't bad per se, but I was still bloody bored. After we handed in the answers I left, as I knew we hadn't come first or last and didn't feel like hanging around. Playing Pokemon Leaf Green on the train journey back home did brighten up my day however. The book I borrowed from the University library, 'Beyond Good and Evil' by Neitzsche is also good. Not a completely boring day then. Plus when I got home my connection worked, so I have a SHEDLOAD of anime to download and watch. It may take several days to get up to date again, heh. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home