Monday, September 18, 2006

Even more painting.

Yes indeed, I got even more painting done today. Zomg indeed. I went to Games Workshop at around 2.15 pm (having done nothing much in the morning)and went to work on the Bloodthirster. In the hours till the store closed I managed to finish off all the flesh, giving it a stronger red tint, repained the wing membranes black in preparation for drybrushing them, and managed to get the fur painted. I also managed to get the armour of my Diabolus fighter painted in the deep red/burgundy I was going for, so that wasn't too bad. I'd hoped to get more painting done, but I didn't actually start till just after 3 pm, and lots of time was spent waiting for the damn fur base coat to dry. Bah. The wing membranes also took a surprising amount of time. Thankfully drybrushing them won't take much time at all, so if I get up early enough tomorrow I could finish the wing membranes and make a decent start on the armour. Depending on how many layers I go for I could get the armour done quite quickly. It's the bone details that'll take the most time I reckon. Hopefully I'll also get my Diabolus fighter pretty much finished tomorrow too, which is handy. Unfortunately however after reading some comedy D&D material (yes, I'm getting even more....) I have a huge inclination to make a mime. A normal human, but a mime modelled on the Jester class, and focus on spells which create invisible objects, for example walls and boxes. Heheheheh.

There wasn't actually much anime for me to watch. I saw the last two episodes of Comic Party Revolution and the updates for Ah! My Goddess second season, Black Blood Brothers and Witchblade. Comic Party was entertaining in a slightly odd way. Considering it's based in the 'real' world with no special powers or anything, it was vaguely odd how the main male character managed to conjure a fake girl from his imagination who actually interected with others. Oh well. It was still a good series to watch. Ah! My Goddess covered the chapters with the evil little tea pot which appears as something the perceiver finds irresistably cute. Quite amusing. As for Black Blood Brothers, the older brother wasn't as impressive as he was in the first episode. For a start he landed in some water whilst avoiding a suppression team, and was immediately weakened. What a stupid mistake to make considering it was a tiny fountain. Meh. Witchblade was just as intriguing as it's previous episodes, with one of the bio-mechanoid freaks still seemingly posessing his humanity. I wonder how that'll turn out, since he's the first of his kind to actually get away from Witchblade. With luck there'll be more anime updates soon. Till there is, I'll continue to read D&D material (as I now have the first 300 Dragon magazines and a few past that number but sporadic) and plan things for my campaign. Till next time. (Gee damn I really want to make a Mime model....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home