Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Before the update.

Time to write this before I start working on the forum update, otherwise I'll never manage this on time. I'm aiming to write a fair amount, as I didn't bother for the last two updates, meh. University today was much more fun. For a start when I turned up to the first lecture, there was no lecturer. It was a slight mistake on the wording of the timetable. However because of this I started chatting to several people, and I now have a new solid social group of three others, and an extended group of about four more. Tomorrow's the social club fair so I'll be able to join the Wargaming club for D&D and so forth. Excellent. The group of us went to the business and company-like organisational fair today, and I bagged a ridiculous amount of stuff. Roughly five different posters, ten various pens, a kit bag, a pair of sandals, a table cloth, a bike light, three club music CD's, a bobble hat, two neck-things for holding keys, a wallet and lighter with shedloads of club discount cards (as part of a one year membership for £1 which was pretty cool), a ridiculous amount of flyers and leaflets, several booklets on Brighton and what there is to do, various sets of candy, a small box of popcorn, another lighter from a different bar, and over thirty postcards for various clubs. Compared to my new friends, I easily got over double the amount they did, and I didn't even bother with every stall. It was quite fun indeed, if a little crowded.

The afternoon had a single compulsory lecture, which wasn't too bad at all, and an optional (and ADDITIONAL) welcome speech, so I just skipped that. I've had enough of being told welcome, plus I already knew about the aspects of University the speakers represented, and they don't really matter to me. For example security is a bit pointless as I don't live on campus and already know about personal security. As such I went home a bit early, prepared for Games Workshop, and off I went. It wasn't long before my two usual mates and girlfriend turned up, and as it was the gnome bard player's birthday he chose to have a curry in the other local pub, and ordered a rather big burger instead. How odd. After that it was to our usual pub and the D&D session. I wrapped up the campaign as it was loosing momentum, and I felt like handing over the reigns to the munchkin. Even if he is opinionated and annoying some of the time, he's DM'd before so he's bound to be better (though the feedback I got from the gnome bard player and my girlfriend was really nice. Thanks!). Once I got home when the evening out had ended I glanced at all the stuff on my bed, shrugged, then simply chatted with mates on WLM and Skype. After I finish writing this I'll be working on updating the forum, though I also have 24 episodes of anime to watch, with another 13 downloading. Guess I have a fair amount to do then. Till next time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you was a very good DM. although very harsh with the lights and me getting locked up. also im the first person to leave a comment. me special. bob the gnome

2:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home