Friday, September 29, 2006

Lots of anime. Gah.

Today was entertaining, that's for sure. I got to Uni at 9.30 am-ish, thinking my tutor appointment was at 10.40 pm. As such I went 'early' at 10.25 am, only realising when I saw the sign that I'd signed up for 10.20 am. Whoops. My tutor didn't seem to overly mind, but did point out never to be late for a seminar. Whoops. That talk only lasted 10 minutes, so off I went to Brighton to buy my girlfriend's Christmas present early just to make sure it didn't get sold or anything. That was a bit pricey. Thinking I was just going to pick up a magazine I went to David's Books and Dave's Comics and ended up getting... a lot. Vaguely painful financially... A Magic the Gathering Deck for £6, the NewType USA magazine for £8.50, Bleach volume 15 for £5.50, a Genshinken model for £15, four Robot (not a series/manga I've heard of but I have seen an art book on it) small figures for £6 each, two Rozen Maiden Traumend small figures for £5 each, and finally a Capcom Fighter Collection small figure for £5. All in all, £74. Combined with the price of my girlfriend's present.... a large chuink of my wages have disappeared already, and I only got paid today. Not only that but there were 3 more models I had wanted to get, and they were £20, £32 and £40 respectively. The latter two are simply gorgeous. I want them so badly.....

After Brighton I went to Haywards Heath and into my old college. They apparently require a college ID to get in now. Thank god they weren't checking when I got there eh? I met up with a few mates then went to see some of my old teachers. I actually gate crashed my sociology teacher's class, but she seemed happy to see me and told me she'd missed my weekly drawings. It was quite flattering. I think her class were a bit weirded out by me though, she had to explain a fair amount. I also one of my english language teachers, the one who taught me how to write exam radio plays. They're what I'm worst at yet I did one n the exam and got 90 marks. I spoke with her about it and found out that the exam was out of 90, and that before the marks conversion for overall grades it was out of 70 and I'd scored 64. That was also the highest mark in my year for that module. Needless to say I was rather pleased indeed to hear that. It wasn't long before I went back home however as the afternoon was wearing on.

When I did get home I got straight to the anime. Thanks to yet more downloading of updates I had over 30 episodes of anime to watch. I simply cannot, and will not, be bothered to lost them all. I have, however, watched them all and am now pretty much up to date. In short, excellent. I still do have 5 episodes and a movie to download though, the last two episodes for Demonbane, the last episode for Utawarerumono, the last episode for Air Gear and an update for Love Get Chu. The movie happens to be the newest Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society. It's over 1 GB in size, so I'm assuming it's good quality. That brings everything to a close, so till next time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't think that anyone still played Magic The Gathering. I still have my decks. If I ever meet you (which i doubt since I'm in Chicago) then I'll play you with my invincible artifact deck. ^.^

3:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home