Wednesday, September 27, 2006

SWARM!

University today was excellent. The lecture by Craig Lind was not only thought provoking, but quite fun to partake in. He's good at making little jokes, and twisting student's words back against them, making them look utterly stupid. Thankfully he didn't twist mine. However that was from between 2 pm and 3.40 pm. From 11 am till the lecture I hung out with the SWARM group. I got to the Fresher's Fair early whilst they were still setting up, and signed up immediately. I then spent the rest opf the time chatting with them, and they're all great people with (obviously) similar hobbies to mine. I actually spent over an hour and a half -behind- their table, convining other people to join. One other Fresher actually pointed out to me that he thought I was already an established member, and the president, treasurer and event's co-ordinator also made remarks about me already being a full member. It was pretty cool indeed. After the lecture I ran to the optional Social event for Freshers, grabbed as many bisquits as I could carry, and ran back to the SWARM table. They were all quite surprised and thankful for the bisquits. I also briefly visited the Japanese club (basically anime and manga) and managed to give the girl there some sites for yet more anime and manga. Entertaining considering she uses torrents yet didn't know of the sites.

After the bisquits I helped move a few things to a member's car, then it was to the club itself. Quite handily it takes place on a wednesday from 2 pm till 10 pm, and I usually finish on 1 pm. Excellent stuff. Looks like I'll be spending the full eight hours a week with tem then, heh. We played a few games of Magic the Gathering (in which without my usual deck I was slightly lost, got picked on in the huge multiplayer games and simply died), a Werewolf game, and Bang! which is a cool western card game. My roleplay in the Werewolf game made everyone laugh repeatedly, but I kept getting burnt to death since no one believed me even when I wasn't the werewolf. I already get on well with everyone, and they're just a damn cool group in general. Even more friends! Eventually however I had to get home. I have 37 episodes of anime to watch now, but not really enough time to do so right now. As such I'll leave them for either tomorrow or friday and I'll try to get them finished before the weekend. For now I'll just finish writing this then get some rest since I do feel a bit tired. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home