Saturday, October 21, 2006

The animarathon returns!

Even though I knew I wouldn't see my girlfriend today I did my best to keep the day entertaining. Rather unfortunately I had to go into work over an hour and 20 minutes early, so I did a bit of shopping, buying a book to be a Christmas present for my dad, a DVD of Bugsy Malone (bloody good film) and the Tekken Dark Resurrection game for my PSP. Yeah, I finally caved in and bought the damn game... I spent the rest of the time before work playing Bomberman howver. Damn those CPU players and their ridiculously good bomb-fire avoidance. Bah. Work itself wasn't too bad for the most part as it didn't make me feel low at all. It did however piss me off slightly in terms of my breaks. I had my midday break at 12.51 pm, and my 3 pm break at 4.55 pm. They didn't have enough staff to cover all the breaks in a timely manner, probably due to staff sickness and whatnot, but it was quite annoying. After my shift finished I picked up the new uniform, to be worn starting the first of November, and the new fleece does look a lot better. Instead of being purely lime green it's now predominately black with a few green strips. It's also really warm which is a handy bonus. After I got back home from work I set about changing my PSP. It had firmware 2.6, and the tekken game requires 2.71. However I didn't want to go up to 2.71 even with the reverse devhook for emulation, so instead I went down to 1.5, up to 2.0, then down to 1.5 again to have a 'pure' 1.5 homebrew. Thanks to Devhook I can still play Tekken (and it's damn fun) plus I'm able to use PSPTheme to change the background into a jet black number. How stylish.

The questionably 'good' aspect of not seeing my girlfriend today was quite noticably obvious - time. More of it to be precise. As such I managed to get all the PSP stuff done, the anime update check done, Urbad Dead done (in which I'm now level 14), and get 13 anime episodes watched. That's not bad considering for the past few days I've not been able to watch any at all. They were as follows - Kiba, Inukami!, Ah! My Goddess second season, Bleach, Naruto, Tsuyokiss, Aria the Natural, The Gargoyle of the Yoshinagas, Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, Negima, Tonagura!, Death Note and Crescent Love. As per the usual 'usual' I'll quite briefly talk about them.

Kiba has more interesting fights, though the way Robes won seemed to show how pathetically rubbish his opponent was. Inukami had more surprisingly good life views from the perverted Keita. Ah! My Goddess had more messing from Hild in a non-manga story. I didn't watch the preview, so no idea if it's returning to the manga plot or not. Bleach had Soi Fon successfully use her Shi Kai. It looked funny, if a bit slow. naruto had some interesting genjutsu, and though the character's didn't look particularly well animated, the paintings did look quite nice in some instances. Tsuyokiss had more angst from the girl about the guy she likes. Aria the Natural had even more heartfelt connections and whatnot to Neo Venezia. The Gargoyle in Yoshinagas evidently doesn't like the magician-thief. Pity eh? Surprise surprise, in Otome wa oku ni Koishiteru the incredibly beautiful girl found out that the man character is a guy, and also happened to have an emotionally damaging past affliction. ye gods, do ALL beautiful girls in anime and manga, idolised by groups of people, have some serious catastrphic accident or something in their earlier life? It's almost contagious. Negima had more cool fighting effects. Though the art is very different to the manga, it still looks reasonably impressive. Even more reconciliation was in Tonagura! and it looks like the pair are back to normal, even if they haven't really told eachother how they feel directly. As for death Note? More coolness. That Shinigami has gained cool points by posing light with a very costly, but beneficial, proposal. I'm liking this series quite a lot. Finally in Crescent Love the Luna Princess doesn't seem to be doing too badly to fit herself in.

It's a good thing I'm not picking up any new series, as I've seen at least five series with their first episode subbed lately. It's so tempting to check up on what they're about, but I'm hard pressed to keep up as it is already. Poor series... No doubt if they're good I'll see them in the future. That's about it for today, and I've not much else to say other than that I'm really looking forward to seeing my girlfriend tomorrow after work, obviously. Now that's all said I'm off to watch another anime update, Welcome to the NHK! Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home