Thursday, October 19, 2006

Seminars and lectures.

Meh. I went into uni an hour early today to read up on the first three chapters in the frameworks of law prescribed boo kin preparation for the seminar, and ended up spending less than 2 minutes on that and most of the hour cruising ebay and various online stores for more slivers. I'm quite liking the stupidly large variety there are. You can practically make a whole plethora of different decks just using slivers and basing play around their abilities. No doubt there are a myriad of ways around them, but they do seem fun. The seminar itself went well, as did the lecture, although the lecture was boring. Once it finished I made my way back home quite quickly as my girlfriend was going to turn up at 1 pm, and I needed to catch the 12.02 pm train back. When I got back I had to quickly collect a parcel from the local post office branch (ah, another anime figure....) so by the time I got home and (barely) settled my girlfriend turned up. I was actually still vaguely damp from a shower. She seems to have impeccable timing - she always arrives five or so minutes before I'm truly ready, it's quite entertaining. As it was she played more Pokemon Colosseum as she'd not lavished it with much time in the recent past, and after that we read manga together then watched some of the Dogma film.

Unfortunately time passed by far too quickly and she had to return home. Bah. Since I happen to have a tort seminar tomorrow morning first ting I figured I should really get round to actually preparing the set tasks for it. I'd already found relevant articles so I printed them out and duly didn't bother reading them. I suppose I should have. I didn't really go through the text book either. Instead I used my lecture notes to answer the set questions, coming up with brief (and quite probably inaccurate) sums for calculating the relevant damages. This, notably, took a lot of time for little work. I guess I just didn't have the relevant motivation. I did however have the motivation to make a shedload of sliver proxies. In case you're wondering, a proxy card is a fake card, a stand-in. Though I've bought some new sliver cards, it'll be a while till I actually receive them. Till then I'll be testing various stand-ins to see which combos really work well and so on and so forth. I've therefore altered my sliver deck to be green and white with a miniscule element of blue. Again gemhide sliver comes to the rescue for other mana. Tomorrow after my tort seminar, and before my tort lecture, I have four hours of free time. With luck I'll get a test game in then, or I'll end up going to Brighton to David's Books to look for more slivers.

Again, I've had no time to watch anime. It's beginning to pile up. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home