Thursday, October 19, 2006

Zombies!

Ahh, it's nice to have an excellent day. It started with an hour and a half of research in the library using the online law resources and during all that time I found six or seven usable pieces for my seminar on friday. After that I hung out with a friend from law lectures for half an hour or so, then quickly popped into Falmer House and met up with two SWARM friends. The three of us went and had breakfast, then it was time for my lecture. It made me feel especially pleased as each one of the statues and commission reports I'd found was mentioned. This means I got the right stuff then. Excellent news. After the lecture it was straight to SWARM where the two friends I'd met earlier were already waiting, and I got down to some Magic the Gathering games. I used my sliver deck in a Two Kings game with another sliver deck on my side. Oh gods it was dirty. My side won, relatively decisively, eheheh. In the second game I played it was all verses all, and as I was slivers I got picked on a bit. It took me a while to die, but I didn't come close to winning. I was the third of eight to go out the game. Once that was over however, the real fun began.

Today was, afterall, the start of my zombie campaign. A few people had to finish up character creation but that went quite smoothly. The campaign itself started as thus - over the past few weeks strange news reports have been filtering in, containing missing people, hysterical accident victims and a supposed epidemic sweeping the country. However there was no visual proof of any of this for the members of the group. Gathered in the library, the various members of faculty and tag-along students had to find out what exactly was going on. Led by a series of 'clues', or rather random student created zombie pamphlets, they came into contact with a strange coughing dude who tried to get them to join his club. Alas it was not to be, as when he started coughing blood he left, and they deemed it was good time to leave also. After doing some research in the various labs, they came to find that in the man's blood was a particularly virulent strain of tuberculosis, and for some reason a practically lethally high level of sulphur. having that in your blood can't be a good thing eh? It was then that everyone fragmented into three groups - the bio-chemists, the small group of friends, and the large group of people intending to survive. The first group was only three strong but all got hazmat suits and completely and utterly locked down a restaurant in the Uni, getting it into total quarantine which was impressive, the second group used a car and loaded up on food and weapons before getting on a boat and staying near the coast, and the third went up into the Downs ( a countryside-ish place for those of you not English), and organised routine watches. Not bad really, though I did of course mess with all of them. Fufufufu.

In the D&D campaign I managed to get the ooze off my face and it was prompty killed to my relief. There was a fair amount of exploration and another two encounters, but I stayed relatively clear and in safety, purely because a single hit from the big critters, or the combined attacks from the smaller ones, would have just killed me. There was also a really evil sword, but despite my best efforts when no one else was looking, I wasn't able to break through the protection. Gee damn I want that shiny black sword.... the rings in the case with it would be cool too. Thankfully I managed to get back to the group without them noticing I'd gone, but the fact that my actions released a stupidly large aura of evil, the Paladin assumed it was my fault as since I'm a Diabolus in the campaign, I look demonic. This doesn't bode that well in terms of being healed and not attacked by party members....

After getting home I naturally had no time at all for anime. Bleh. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home