Monday, October 16, 2006

Moar feegurez.

University today was quite fun. I only had an hour of lecture, so afterwards I went down to Brighton to Dave's Comics. Unfortunately the anime figure order hadn't arrived, so I went into david's Books and ended up buying a Magic the Gathering Time Spiral fatpack. It came with six booster packs, 40 mana, a life counter (D20 dice), two panoramic art card boxes (which look really nice), a Time Spiral novel, six little plastic dividers with good art and a card list-booklet. All in all, quite nifty. The most important thing however was that I got a fair amount of slivers, many of which were new types. Even though my sliver deck is white green and red, the nifty gemhide sliver meant I was able to put blue slivers in the deck. They're pretty harsh... After that I went back to university to meet up with my mate, and from all the remaining cards he made a deck to fight me with. It went ridiculously well. There was a period of 16 or so turns when I could have completely iradicated him, doing 40-ish damage a turn should I have wished. Instead I beat him down to two and enjoyed the game. To my surprise he managed to play a card which killed off all the other creatures, including mine. This, combined with a spell that did 17 damage and the attacking 3/3 creature meant I died. At the time I though it was fantastic and really funny, but I laughed even harder when I got home later in the day. The spell he'd used to do 17 damage wasn't X mana and a few red, it was -double X- mana, so to do 17 damage he'd have had to pay 34 mana instead of the 17 he tapped. That was pretty funny.

After that match I called Dave's Comics and the anime figure order had finally arrived. I quickly went back to brighton and proceeded to rummage through. After a good deal of fun and disregarding certain models, I had another eight selected for purchase. Four were from Moon Phase, and the other four were from artwork I'd only seen in passing before, created by Satoshi Urashima. That was pretty cool. When I finally returned home I had to spray the second set of four's bases, since they were orange. Black looks better. After I finished admiring my new purchases I went through a bought of MtG deck alteration, making my sliver deck a tiny bit harsher and slightly changing the Fun with Fungus deck. IOut of boredom and curiosity I also made an Unhinged deck. It'll be interesting to see how people react to it on wednesday.

I did also get through a small amount of anime. The updates for Ah! My Goddess second season, Chevalier, Tsubasa Chronicle and an episode of Glass no Kantai (finally). Ah! My Goddess has seemingly branched out into 'fillers' now, as I don't remember Belldandy accidentally gaining a Demon's licence in the manga, nor Keichi being completely messed around by Hild-sama (which was shown in the preview for the next episode). I don't really mind since the new stories aren't completely rubbish, like some of the Naruto ones. Chevalier had odd cross-dressing/possession in it. How strange. Tsubasa Chronicle revisited a world they'd already been to again. The creators must be running out of plausible ideas. As for Glass no Kantai, the poor aristocrat got his ship sold and crushed into a metal cube. Poor bugger. I still have nine episodes of Glass no Kantai to watch, but you can bet it'll be ages before I watch them all.

In other happy news, I got to level 11 in Urban Dead. Head shot baby, yeah. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home