Thursday, October 26, 2006

Collect the Bounty.

Uni today was largely uneventful. The seminar in the morning went quite well, as about only three people in the group of twelve or so actually spoke, one of whom was me. I seem to be doing more than adequately in seminars considering the surprising lack of reading I'm doing. I know I really should keep up, but the motivation keep escaping me. At least I'm making a lot of lecture notes and actually using them for the seminars. After the seminar itself I had two hours spare. I spent a chunk of this listening to the Daft Punk song 'Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger' as not only do I like it a lot, it's also the theme music for my Sliver deck, heh. The rest of the time I spent reading a tiny (seriously tiny) bit of law text book, and the vast majority playing Bounty Hounds. Gee damn, Bounty Hounds is a fun game. It's like a cross between Monster Hunter Freedom and Coded Arms. It plays like MHF, with all the armour and gadgetry of CA. Instead of wyverns and reptilian critters, there's ETI's, a variety of alien 'life'-forms (I use quotes as one of the worlds hosts mineral-based creatures seemingly made of rock) which you blow to hell and back. It was fun going round comitting xenocide to terraform a planet. The lecture afterwards was incredibly boring by comparison, as it was Frameworks. Ye gods that's boring now.

When I got home I was excited as I'd soon see my girlfriend. However I heard bad news - it was not to be. My girlfriend's been ill today and had to go to the doctor. I have a very good idea of what exactly is wrong with her. I just hope she's okay and not in too much pain... Le sigh... Since I was going to be at home on my own, my dad and step mum (and one of her grown up daughters) invited me along with them to bingo. Now I don't really like bingo, but going out was far preferable to staying at home and feeling lonely. As such I took my PSP with me and continued to play Bounty Hounds. I kept playing when we all came back home too. In fact, I've been playing the game all evening as it's quite fun. True, it always points out where you need to go and you can't diverge much at all really, but you can certainly have a hell of a lot of fun with the xenocide and arming yourself. Thanks to my constantly changing armour, none of which seems to truly match another piece at any given time, my character looked like the bastardised love-child of a Gundam and Transformer for a while thanks to the helmet, torso and leg armour. It was pretty funny. Plus I'm now level 26, and as such have quite a few interesting skills. One is a field that regains me life and force, used to create the field, each time I hit an enemy. Combined with a slicer weapon, one that hits anything next to me all around dervish-style, I can keep my health reasonably high. How convenient.

One side effect to all this was that though I updated the forum and so forth, I've not watched any actual anime. This will probably rectify itself tomorrow, as I only have a single hour of lecture from 2 pm till 3 pm, so may watch some anime in the morning if I bother getting up, with more anime when I get back. yay for spare time when I should be reading law eh? Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home