Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Contagion.

Overall a very good day, though it ended on a bit of a low note. My seminar this morning went well. Since I'd focused on the devolution of power in the constitution of Britian for the task I was one of the four called up to talk about what they'd done. All the others were bombarded with questions, though when it came to my turn I was only asked one as I pretty much explained all of it. I would assume that was a good thing, heh. My lecture went fine too. After the lecture it was essentially SWARM time, and I started playing Magic the Gathering. In the early morning between my seminar and lecture I'd played a game and got over 250 slivers in play and did enough damage in one hit to get my mate to -1412 life. That was funny indeed. During SWARM I didn't quite have the same luck. In an eight player game I was harshly picked on purely for having slivers and for four turns I couldn't do anything as my gemhide sliver was bounced twice then countered. That effectively wrecked me for a while. However I managed to persuade the person to my left not to attack me, but to attack the club president. That was funny as she actually did and I was spared for a while. Surprisingly someone else went out before I did, and suddenly the game turned around. I got Sliver Queen and Crytalline Sliver into play. Yeah, I started hitting people hard. In the end I took out the last four players myself and won. I only had three life. Three. ROCK ON.

The zombie campaign is also going quite well. There was the first player fatality too as one of the infected characters deteriorated immensely quickly, and collapsed in a coma just before actual death. As such someone in a group with her put her in a small boat, chopped her head off, soaked her in an ammonium solution and set her on fire, then pushed her off and watched till the little boat broke apart and she sunk. Yeah, that's 'quite dead' for sure. The group on the downs split up slightly, with three going down to get more stuff. It went quite badly for them, as not only were two bitten (though one didn't seem to get infected 'miraculously', heheheh) but the third ended up stabbing one of them between the ribs with a crowbar as they'd damaged his camera. That was... interesting,. One of the downs group is now also coughing up a LOT of blood which is rapidly becoming a dark orange. He's so screwed.... The group who had been doing the best, locked up in hazmat suits in the uni itself, are rapidly getting into trouble. They took in a new girl as she was wearing a hazmat suit (she'd only joined the club today) and they seemed enthused as she wasn't wearing anything underneath the suit. However this was because she'd been attacked earlier, and they noticed the inside of her suit was starting to get a bit... orange... They tried cleaning her as she had orange marks over her body, but to no avail. They even briefly set her on fire to try and burn it away, and succeeded in savagely mentally scarring her. In other words, I had a lot of fun.

In the D&D campaign it was found out that my character had the evil runes on his hand, but luckily (and I quite suspect on purpose to avoid my death...) the local head of the Church said I wasn't tainted and that it could actually be a boon. He also gave my character a religious amulet to help persuade people that I'm not tainted and evil. That was calming, as the two other fighters in the group, one of whom is a Paladin, had been threatening me. Whoops eh? During the campaign however I'd been keeping an eye on eBay as there was the auction of 229 slivers that I wanted. In the end I had to bid $70 four minutes from the end as I had to leave uni to catch the train. When I got home I checked, and guess what? Some git had bit $71 about ten, TEN seconds from the end. Well fuck. That really pissed me off, hence my saying earlier that the day ended on a low note. On the plus side I at least have another 58 slivers arriving in the post from various sources. That is at least a small consolation, and the D&D DM has another 50 to 60 he's selling to me for £3, which rocks. That makes me feel marginally better too. I'm now glad I bought a Sliver Overlord seperately as I missed the one in the batch of 229. One day there'll be another such batch, and I -will- get it...

Unfortunately when I got home I didn't really have any time to watch anime, so it's beginning to pile up again.... Dang. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home