Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Winning.

Hmm, it was the full uni day today, and it wore me out a fair bit. An hour lecture, hour gap, two hour lecture, three hour gap (which was filled by playing Magic the Gathering) then an hour lecture. After that it was time to quickly return home and then straight to Games Workshop. The spare time I had an uni however which wasn't spent playing MtG was occupied by hanging out with a friend from law. She's been having a people of people trouble so we were chatting about that for a while. In the MtG games themselves I did rather well. I won both of them which is generally good. In the first however I could easily have died, and thankfully due to persuasion I managed to get my mate to attack the other guy and not me, so instead of dying instantly I was able to take him out within two turns with a few handy sliver combos. Quite useful really. After uni when I went to Games Workshop I didn't actually play any games in the store. When my girlfriend arrived we went for a short walk before grabbing food with a mate and retreating to the pub for a couple of games of pool. Largely it was uneventful, but quite relaxing compared to uni. Though uni wasn't actually difficult, it was still quite draining a I had to take notes in the last lecture which was rather boring, and keeping my attention honed was exceedingly difficult.

Though I've not watched any anime today, I did finish the Ghost in the Shell movie yesterday. It was quite entertaining to watch the raid, though Togusa's actions when he was controlled was quite surprising. I didn't expect the outcome as I really thought he'd go through with it. Overall the film wasn't as good as the first, nor as thought-provoking as the second, but it still had a high amount of aestheticly pleasing animation and intrigue. I quite enjoyed it. I also played a bit more Rengoku II, though I'm still on floor three. I also tried out Avatar The Last Airbender and Blade Dancer on the PSP, and though both weren't bad per se, they didn't seem that remarkable either. I'll probably end up trying either Work Time Fun or Bounty Hounds and Mercury Meltdown next when I actually have the time. As it was trying the games today was rather brief at about five minutes per new game. Not exactly time draining. Tomorrow I have a seminar first thing and I really should have prepared... Oh well. I'll probably bring the relevant text book with me tomorrow and read on the train. Not quite the best option, but better than nothing I would assume. After that there's a two hour gap, in which no doubt I'll play PSP and potentially read a bit of law, then my usual lecture before SWARM. I'm looking forward to see how the participants in my campaign will react when I up the campaign a notch in terms of attack frequency... Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home