Saturday, October 28, 2006

Diabolic.

The title of this post explains how busy it was at work today. Oh ye gods. I can, with absolute honesty and certainty, say it was the busiest day at work I've had at ASDA since I started over seven months ago. Luckily after the first ten minutes of being on a till I was taken off to help collect the trolleys out the front, as there were dangerously few. I collected them. They ran out. I collected them again. They ran out again. This went on for a while. Every time I moved more back, they were all taken. After a whilte a few others came out to help and I went back in to collect all the baskets. They were being used ridiculously fast. Blimey. I ended up - collecting trolleys, collecting baskets, back to trolleys, back to baskets. Over and over again from 10.10 am-ish till 2 pm. The cool thing about this was that I was allowed to choose when I had my lunch, so I went for one at 12.40 pm. How convenient. At 2 pm however I had to go back on the till, and it was hellishly busy. By the time my second break finished (from 4.50 pm till 5.05 pm) it had finally, -finally- calmed down and wasn't too bad. There was still a constant stream of customers, but the queues of eight to nine people (I'm serious here) had gone. After work I naturally went round to my girlfriend's house.

It was nice seeing her. We watched some of Team America before I felt tired so I spent most of the remainder of the evening resting. Since I wasn't hungry and didn't actually eat dinner my girlfriend was quite worried about me which was sweet if a bit constant. Once I got home I spent a long time talking with my step mum about how life in general is going, and with her help and advice I worked quite a few things out. I have much to discuss with certain people. I didn't get to watch any anime, nor do I wish to at this point. I'll probably end up watching some either tomorrow evening after I get home or during the large amounts of 'free time' I have on monday. Unfortunately that's all the news from today, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home