Friday, October 27, 2006

Timely purchase.

My time in university was brief to say the least. I got up at around midday and eventually went into uni for 2 pm for a single hour long lecture. When that finished I went to Brighton. Unfortunately Dave's Comics didn't have the new issue of NewType USA in yet, so I went into David's Books and ended up buying a MtG Time Spiral tournament pack. I got a few nice cards and left the store. However something was dwelling on my mind, and as such I went back. I ended up buying a £60 booster box for Time Spiral. Extravagant? hell yes, but when I got home I proposed the idea that it count a the christmas present from my step mum and dad combined, and they agreed to pay me the money for it. That's excellent, though I'll most likely get another one with it.... Inside I got several very nice cards indeed. Combined with the 32 sliver cards I'd won off eBay arriving in the mail this morning, I had more than enough to construct a second sliver deck as well as heavily alter my first one. The first one did have 28 proxy cards in it, now it has five. Quite a bit better really. I now have a green/white/blue main sliver deck, and a black/red/green/white secondary deck with a few 'odd things' in it. The 'odd things' are pretty fun really. I also altered my Fun with Fungus deck, as I'd got more saproling creation cards, another Thelon of havenwook (rock on!) and another Sporesower Thalid (excellent!). That should help boost the army making potential of that deck.

When I got back I rang my girlfriend to see if she was okay, as I was worried about her being ill yesterday. She was much better today and I asked if she wanted me to go over as I also wanted to see her. From the really loud 'YAAAAAY' I heard down the hone I assumed she was rather happy at the suggestion, heh. It was nice being able to see her, not to mention snuggle up with her, and it really improved my day no end. Considering my day had already been pretty good it was like the icing on the cake. Niftah indeed. Though I could only spend a couple of hours with her I'll be seeing her tomorrow after work, and of course after work on sunday too, so I don't have to wait too long till I can see her again. Since I got back vaguely late I didn't watch any anime. My main 'priority' was sorting through the 615 new cards I'd bought. Though I don't really care about collecting a full set, I did want to separate colours, rares, mana and timeshifted cards. That's when I made the alterations to my decks and created the second sliver one. When the slivers I bought from America arrive I'll either change my first one again, or make a third sliver deck which is primarily green and blue. That'll be rather entertaining, basing a deck off of Psionic, Fungus and Watcher slivers. I'd most likely add Sidewinder and gemhide slivers 'to be safe' then fill the gaps with handy white or blue enchantments and spells. It's a cunning plan. I'm also planning to make an entirely anti-sliver deck which has a few slivers in it just to take advantage of the opponent's abilities. Fufufufu. I've widened my plans, now I want roughly seven sliver-based decks, as I'm going to have a wide assortment of the critters and having several sliver decks to choose from is just plain handy.

Oh, I also spent some of today reading up on Tort and playing Bounty Hounds.
Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home