Monday, October 09, 2006

Strangely empty.

I only had a single lecture today so it wasn't that bad really. Afterwards I went to Brighton and bought a few things, namely the first three manga volumes of Cromartie High and first volume of Trigun, as well as a new Time Spiral deck and additional cards pack. Out of the 75 extra cards many looked fun but wouldn't fit in with the deck I bought. I may just make another. The deck itself, called Fun With Fungus looks interesting to play. It's essentially a slow saproling deck in which the fungus can get incredibly harsh. It'll certainly be interesting to use, that's for sure. I also bought the Saviors of Kamigawa fat pack as my mate had given me the money for it and I finally remembered. Hurrah for me eh? I didn't really do anything else in Brighton other than that so I came home and lounged around. For some reason I felt really low and empty inside, and since I didn't know why it felt a bit worse than usual. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow morning, since the four hours of assorted lecture I need to go to will probably keep me occupied. Since I didn't have much else to do this afternoon, and as I'm not going to rally get into the law reading till next week, I decided to watch 28 Days Later. It's a pretty good movie, and gives me a few ideas for the campaign I'll be running at SWARM.

I also managed to almost get up to date with my anime finally, so that's all good. Today I watched three episodes of Naruto, the latest update for Inukami and Innocent Venus, five episodes of Tsuyokiss, and the first episodes for Asate no Houkou, Negima and Tokimeki Memorial. Naruto was better than it's normal fillers as the genjutsu moves were quite interesting. As for Inukami and Innocent Venus, magic and double crossing are generally entertaining to watch, so I enjoyed both of the episodes. Tsuyokiss is vaguely confusing since there's a lot of little breaks during the episodes where a character will say 'Tsuyokiss' for no reason at all. It's quite odd. Asatte no Houkou didn't go into much detail in the first episode, but it's basically about a little sister who wishes to be older, and a late-teens/early twenties lady who wishes to become younger. At the very end of the episode their ages switch. An interesting premise to be sure, so I'm looking forward to how it pans out. Negima completely messed with the original manga, so it was quite surreal. The animation style doesn't match the manga either, though the quasi-gothic look with Evangeline's surroundings was quite good. Again, something to watch in terms of how it turns out. Last but not least Tokimeki Memorial was another school anime which again didn't go into much detail in the first episode but seems to be about a guy transfering to a school and falling for a girl. You know the type, beautiful, excellent at sports and incredibly intelligent. No doubt other girls will fall for him as it's set in a school. Ah, complex love connections. I know I said I'd not pick up too many more series, but a shedload have finished so I guess I may just have the time.

I still have the last two episodes of Good Witch of the West to watch (and another series will have finished for me) so I'll be off to watch them now. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home