Monday, October 30, 2006

Oho, another animarathon.

Today was a good day. I only had the one lecture, and I saw one of my mates before it. After the lecture itself I met up with him again and we briefly went to Brighton where I bought two more small anime figures and another booster box, and he bought the Time Spiral fatpack. He had asked me to stop him from buying anything, but meh. I wanted to buy the boxes from the fatpack from him, heh. We both quickly returned to uni where I sorted through all my cards and got several rather nice ones and a lot of slivers. By 'a lot' I mean nearly 100 cards that were either slivers or useful in the sliver decks I want to build, such as the Prismatic Lens card. It's handy to be able to change a mana's colour. My mate ended up sorting through my red and black cards and choosing a few to combine with the cards he'd got and thereby made a deck. Not long after two more mates from SWARM arrived and we started properly playing Magic the Gathering. I tried my red and black sliver-based deck and unfortunately lost. It was slightly aggravating as if I'd got one more mana in the last five turns I would have won. How irritating. The game pretty much resulted in me trying to avoid getting swamped by saprolings. The next game involved all four of us however and I was using my favourite sliver deck. I killed all three of my opponents in one turn. That was 'nice', heheheh.

Not long after the games I had to return home in time to call my girlfriend to ask if she wanted to come over. She was happy to, and so we spent some time making a D&D character for me as her drow has been made for a long time, my diabolus fighter is being used in the SWARM campaign, and so for my mate's campaign which he says will be starting tomorrow I didn't actually have a character. Now I do and it happens to be a monk. A human one unfortunately. I wanted to make a warforged one, but some of the drawbacks really didn't suit my thoughts on how I want my monk to act, so it was a bit annoying, but oh well. After the character creation and dinner we basically just snuggled and dozed off together, and it was really nice. When my girlfriend left I got to work on the next zombie campaign poster which I'll be putting up tomorrow morning. I'll be going to Brighton with my mates during my three hour gap, so I'll invariably end up going to David's Books for a little bit, though there's another place which sells card sleeves and deck boxes so I'll be checking that place out. Tomorrow is quite a full day at uni, then I need to rush home and go to Games Workshop to meet my mates and girlfriend and I'll need to remember my stuff for the campaign.

As the title suggests I did finally get round to watching anime. From the looks of things the only real time I have to watch anime is on a monday in the evening when I purposely set time aside to get it all watched. This is rather bad really, as I still haven't bothered setting time aside to work on law. As such I'm really falling behind now... I really need to just pick a day and read for several hours to at least catch up with my subjects in the text books. I'm determined to get some semblance of this done on friday as I'll have a four hour gap inbetween my seminar and lecture and I'll finish at 3 pm anyway, so I'll have all evening. I swear I'll get caught up in at least two subjects that day. I simply have to.

At any rate the anime I watched was - updates for Kiba, two of Tsubasa Chronicle, the Tsuyokiss final, the Innocent Venus final, Naruto, Welcome to the NHK, two of Tokimeki, two of Black Blood Brothers, Death Note, Asatte no Houkou, Crescent Love, Negima, Himawari (as it'd finally been subbed), Chevalier and Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori. 18 overall, which isn't too bad. Kiba was interesting as not only did Zed lose, his key spirit was stolen whilst he slept. This is bound to be inconvenient for him. Tsubasa Chronicle had more feathers and a rather shady character who seems to be almost too kind and helpful. Tsuyokiss had a slightly odd is acceptable ending, though Innocent Venus was left remarkably open indeed. Thankfully it didn't bother me too much as it's not a favourite series. Naruto devolved into a more 'filler-ish' tone with the remarkably quick happy ending, though Welcome to the NHK was funny as it demonstrated the problems with MMO's and character identities. Poor guy, he looked so broken. Tokimeki had some strange sports challenges and a girl suddenly declaring herself to be the main guy's girlfriend. It's sweet in a way, if quite worrying. Black Blood Brothers had more Kowloon Child talk, and their respective death to an extent. In Death Note the book is becoming even more useful to Light, who's beginning to be very clever indeed. I'm looking forward to how the series pans out. Asatte no Houkou finally had a confrontation, though the older brother didn't seem to believe it, which is understandable. Crescent Love demonstrated that the Moon princess is a crappy swimmer. At least she has noble intentions in trying to save a drowing puppy. As for Negima he technically won as Evangeline seemed to give up. Silly vampire. Himawari had yet more 'wanting-to-be-a-great-ninja' action, and Chevalier had even more cross-dressing whilst being a French Knight. Odd, but there you go. As for Jigoku Shoujo, there was another much more interesting punishment for the person sent to hell. Looks like the series isn't quite as tame as the first one thankfully.

That's about it for now, though I still need to watch the rest of the Glass no Kantai and Burst Angel series. I highly doubt I'll be able to watch those for a long while... At any rate, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home